cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot access Lineone email from Outlook since switchover (iOS is OK)

GP-41
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

SInce the end of August when the switchover occured, I haven't been able to access my emails from Outlook (Windows 10).

I can still access my email on iOS.

Friday's emails (including the one from Talktalk confirming switchover complete), are not in my Outlook inbox but are available in iOS.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

To update settings go via the Advanced setup settings of an email profile, as in this example for Windows 10.

• Select the  Windows icon bottom left
  • Select the  Settings cog icon
  • Select Accounts
  • Select  Email & Accounts and for a first time setup select Add Account and enter the settings in the table
  • Or select the email account
  • Select Change account or double click on the email account

At that point on your device you ought to see the Outlook setup to enter the TalkTalk Mail server settings: NB All talktalk domains use the exact same IMAP secure settings.

You need to change the legacy tiscali settings to use the talktalk.net servers.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 6

UPDATE: I decided to overwrite my previously stored password by re-entering it and the account is now setup and working.  I'm just waiting for it to re-sync all of my subscribed folders.

Thanks for your help  - not quite sure what was going on there...

Thanks - I think I had previously tried that and again this time, it's been unsuccessful. 

There was no request to accept a new certificate.

Outlook failureOutlook failure

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

The Incoming mail server name needs to be mail.talktalk.net

The Outgoing server name needs to be smtp.talktalk.net

For maximum reliability the Outgoing server could use the Log on using user name (the full lineone email address) and password (the lineone email password)

Ports and Encryption are good.

If asked to accept a new certificate then accept.

GP-41
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the prompt response.  Screenshots of setings and Outlook version attached.  My webmail inbox looks the same as my iOS inbox and appears to be current.

IncomingIncoming

OutgoingOutgoingOutlook versionOutlook version

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

It would be good to confirm that the mail messages are still in your online Inbox.  The reason for asking is that the messages still need to be in the Inbox for Outlook, or any other email client software, to view those messages. Collecting mail using a POP3 email account or mail collection service may be deleting the messages from the Inbox.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail lineone email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

What version of Outlook are you using on Windows 10? If you screenshot the incoming and outgoing server settings (and advanced tab if an older version of Outlook), image edit to obscure the first part of the lineone email address and upload here using the camera icon above this Reply area then I'll take a look and check those settings for you.