cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TT502 error - but I'm only sending to 1 or 2 recipients

Kilonova
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Today I have received a TT502 error message for an email sent fromo my Lineone account to 2 recipients, and it seems that my Lineone email account is now blocked from sending any emails.  I have not sent any emails to more than 2 recipients in the last 24 hours, and I have probably sent 10 or less emails in total in this period, so I am unsure why my account is blocked.  This is frustrating.  Luckily I do have an alternative email account (Sky.com) which works fine, and I will use that instead.  What is causing this block on my Linone account?

Here is the error message (which I now get for all my outgoing messages using SMTP and Outlook client):

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'info@masterman.co.uk' on 18/01/2024 16:19

Server error: '453 4.1.1 QV6nrQdYEHUaY Too Many Recipients (TT502)'

'xxxxx@lineone.net' on 18/01/2024 16:19

Server error: '453 4.1.1 QV6nrQdYEHUaY Too Many Recipients (TT502)'

Please can you help me to understand what is causing this block.  It is not caused by me sending to too many recipients, despite the implication in the error message.

Thank you

Kilonova

Kilonova
(Two neutron stars walk into a bar, and then realise the gravity of the situation... 🙂 )
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

The full sending allowance will have been automatically restored in 24 hours when there's been no suspicious activity in the meantime.

I appreciate your time to let us know the mailbox is back to normal usage. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 9

Hi Gondola & Michelle

My Lineone email accounts seems to be functioning correctly now.  If this changes, I will report back.

Many thanks for your support.

Kilonova

Kilonova
(Two neutron stars walk into a bar, and then realise the gravity of the situation... 🙂 )

Message 3 of 9

I see Michelle-TalkTalk requested feedback so I will leave the follow up with TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Kilonova
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

Hi Gondola & Michelle

Thank you your messages.  Here is an update.

From midday today I was able to successfully send an email from my Lineone account.  ie. no error messages received.

However, at 1pm today, I sent an email message to 2 recipients, and I received a TT502 error message.

The error message said that delivery had failed to only 1 of the 2 email recipients.

This different to the error messages I received yesterday, which said that delivery failed for all recipients.

Here is the error message I received from my 1pm message today:

Sent: 19 January 2024 12:59
To: My Name
Cc:  Another Name

Subject: Undeliverable: Topic

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:     xxxxx

Sent:  19/01/2024 12:59

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'xxxx@lineone.net on 19/01/2024 12:59

Server error: '453 4.1.1 QoSLrgc9Ej5AL Too Many Recipients (TT502)'

Please  can you help me to resolve this ongoing problem.

I have checked via webmail to see if there is any unusual activity in the "Sent" and "Trash" folders, and I can see no evidence of any misuse/abuse of my email account.

many thanks

Kilonova

Kilonova
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Good morning,

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Keep us advised. Some suspect activity has caused your mail sending to be limited by the spam protection process.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi Gondola

Thank you for helping me again.

I don't use any non-UK networks, addresses or VPN hosts to send Lineone emails, so this cannot be a cause, unless someone has hacked my email account.  I've just logged into webmail (which I don't normally use, as I use POP/SMTP with a Outlook 2019 client on a Windows 10 laptop) and there is nothing suspiscious in the webmail sent or trash folders. 

I changed my Lineone email account password in October 2023, based on your advice at that time when I was unable to send/receive emails with any other TalkTalk customers.  As it turned out, it was a Talktalk server issue, which got fixed after a few days.  To ensure there was no-one else could use my account, I chose a complex password, so I would hope that my email account is secure.  Is there any way that I can check, apart from going into webmail and looking for suspiscious emails in the sent and trash folders?

In any case, I will wait for the lock up period to end, and use my other email provider until then.

Many thanks

kilonova

Kilonova
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hello again Kilonova 

TT502 means your mailbox has exceeded the daily limit for sending mail messages. A temporary stop on sending has been triggered by the spam protection process. Normally you'd be able to send to hundreds of recipients each day. The full sending allowance will be returned in the 24 hours after the stop on sending was applied. If you wait 24 hours then your mailbox will be back to normal.

There are circumstances that can trigger a lower sending limit. Using mail via a non-UK network, a network where the IP address is a non-UK address or using a VPN where the VPN host is outside the UK.

Something about the way or rate your mailbox is sending messages has caused the spam protection process to kick into action.

Worst case is that your mailbox password has been discovered and unauthorised mail sending has taken place. Do you see any suspicious activity in the Sent or Trash folders when signed in to TalkTalk Mail webmail?

0 Likes