cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot access email account

Marymary1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

For several days now I have not been able to log into my email account; I was asked to verify credentials but when I tried to do that it said my password was incorrect and I have never changed it.  I tried to log into my emails and it kept saying my password was incorrect.  Clicking onto "forgot password" link only led to my current email or an old work email; neither any good because I couldn't access them.  I have managed to access my account via a different mail address but I still cannot get into emails.  I have not changed my password so why has this happened and what can I do?  I am expecting and have some very important information in there.

Several conversations with Talk Talk have been fruitless.

Regards Mary Carr

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Mary, I was waiting for more information from you. 

Please send me a PM with the affected email, mobile and an alternate address for the Password Recovery Tool.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Hi Marymary1, thanks for confirming the security information. Please send me a PM with the affected email, mobile and an alternate address for the Password Recovery Tool.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 9

Hi Marymary1, I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

Message 4 of 9

TalkTalk Support will respond right here, enable Private Messaging and obtain some more information to verify that you are the registered user of the email address.

Top tip: answer the questions promptly if sent via a link as the link does time out. Check your answers and no 'it might be this or that' as a reply because all answers must match the details held by TalkTalk to pass verification.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 9

Thankyou Gondola will I receive  txt or email next week?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Details are in my reply. Tap or click on the Update your profile button in my reply, scroll down the screen to Private Notes to add the email address then tap or click on the Save changes button.

It's in the section called Personal Information.

Marymary1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Where in Community profile do I put my Talk Talk details?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hi Marymary1 

OK, if you cannot sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail because it's saying incorrect password but your password recovery is out of date then you'll need TalkTalk Support here, next week, to help you.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

There's a possibility that a hacker has changed your password so, for a compromised mailbox I'd always suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

Use the new password to access via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

• Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If you see There is no rule defined then you need go no further.
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red   
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know if you need more guidance.