cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot access emails via Samsung email app

BBaboon
Participant
Private Message
Private Message

Message 7 of 7

Hi Ady, 

I'm having the same problem with my wifes email address (attached to my account), I have a MailPlus account, could you please add this to the list please? Many Thanks 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi BBaboon, the mailbox in your profile has full access. Please add the affected one to the private notes in your community profile. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

The request for full access is made. TalkTalk Support will respond here. I'd say that Monday late afternoon would be when access would be restored.

Guides were included in my reply but as always if you need confirmation of the settings to use then just ask.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

BBaboon
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

The webmail is working,

Her phone is a Samsung S21 FE Edition and she uses the Samsung Mail App,

Her Laptop is Running Windows 11 and she is using the standard windows Mail app,

When will talktalk restore the IMAP access / how do I resolve this? Its diffult to update the settings until access is granted,

Thanks,

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Until TalkTalk restore IMAP access the email apps will not authenticate the connection. Webmail is the way to keep in touch in the meantime.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter her full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

Let us know that webmail is working.

Back to the Samsung phone. What model and what email app and version are in use?

The laptop? What Operating System and what email software is in use? eg Windows 10 or 11 using Windows Mail? Or an older laptop and email software?

Asking because some devices will not support secure mail to the required standard and if those are used then access will get withdrawn.

0 Likes

BBaboon
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi, 

I have just checked and it looks like she received an e-mail about this on the 25th and was disconnected on the 26th so there was not much time to respond (and she did not tell me, she is not that Tech Savy and I usually help her), there may have been an e-mail before this but a lot of her history seems to have been removed, can you please advise how we can restore access? I have tried using the new settting but still get an incorrect password error.

She typically only uses her phone but very occasionally uses her laptop using the windows e-mail app, I will update all devices.

Many Thanks,

Paul

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Has your wife's email address received a notification from TalkTalk that because of continued use of insecure settings the mailbox will get limited to webmail only access?

What's the Samsung model of phone and the email app in use and its version? Asking so a check can be made that the app is up to date and capable of secure mail.

What other ways does your wife access the mailbox? Mail collection service, Desktop, Notebook, Laptop, Tablet, other phone other than the Samsung? Any method using insecure settings would trigger the withdrawal of IMAP access. So we'd like to give your wife the offer to check all devices are capable of secure mail. 

The Android guide is given below.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

0 Likes