cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot download emails from Laptop or Android

DaveIddz
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

Hi Can anyone help. Since the weekend I cannot download talktalk emails to any Windows outlook or android phone / tablet. I have entered all of the security imap or POP3 details sent me. I have been on the phone to technical support for an hour or so they said that the problem is my end as I can access webmail okay.  Keep getting error messages. Everything was fine until the weekend. I have updated to the most recent Android software to see if that was the issue but no luck thanks Dave

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

You're most welcome Dave. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

DaveIddz
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 14

Hi Ade,

I was just going to message you. Yes all good thanks, many thanks for your help.

Dave 

Message 3 of 14

Hi Davelddz, is your mailbox working normally again now? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

DaveIddz
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

Thanks

Message 5 of 14

This should be sorted very shortly.

Ady

DaveIddz
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 14

Hi Ade still getting error messages, do you think I just need to wait or is there anything else I can do. Thanks Dave

Message 7 of 14

You're very welcome.

Ady

DaveIddz
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 14

Ade. Many thanks Dave

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Dave, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

DaveIddz
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 14

Hi Ady thanks I have done that for both my wife and I email addresses thanks Dave

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Davelddz, when you've made the changes to the new settings add your affected mailbox to private notes in your community profile.

Ady

Message 12 of 14

The fix is that all TalkTalk Mail users must use secure mail settings on up to date secure email clients. As described in the recent notification from TalkTalk.

Some users are still working with out of date inherently insecure and unsupported email software. Others do have up to date software but aren't using secure settings.

The downside is that currently all notified users have to check their software, update settings and then request TalkTalk Support to restore access. I have just written to the TalkTalk Managers about the strategy to get all users onto secure mail settings and a better way of managing this to focus support on those users really needing help.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

DaveIddz
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi has anyone heard if there will be a fix to this problem. Seems a lot of people are experiencing the same issue of not being able to retrieve emails on different devices?

0 Likes