cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Configuring TalkTalk email on Android Outlook

IDHFMH
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I keep getting asked to sign in to my talktalk email account when using the Outlook Mobile app.  Outlook Mobile support suggest that there is an issue with my email provider's security certificate.  They say that the server identity and trust chain listed in your SSL certificate does not match the  domain I am connecting to.

Please can you advise how to get this resolved.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Delete the email account from Outlook for Mobile, power down the mobile to remove all traces, repower and reinstate the TalkTalk account and if you get an error message take a screenshot, upload here and tell us at what point the error arose.  Double check the time and date of your device.

There are a long list of domains on the SSL certificate that has the server name mail.talktalk.net and the certificate is in date.

What domain does your email address use?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

IDHFMH
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thank you.  I can use TalkTalk webmail with no issue (so my id / password is correct) and I have added the email account to the gMail app and that works perfectly too.   Please note that the Outlook issue has only started over the past week or so - it worked perfectly well until then.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Troubleshoot by using a different email app. Download BlueMail or TypeApp and enter your email address and password and that should connect to the mailbox.

Let us know what happens. Then we'll work with you to troubleshoot Outlook for Mobile.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution