cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Creating rules

AGH55
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I would some help please with setting up rules. I want to direct an incoming email to a folder I have set up off my inbox. I have already populated this folder manually by dragging in the emails. I now want to automate it. This is the process I used;

1: Opened the email, clicked the 3 dots, and created a rule.

2: Gave the rule a name.

3: Apply rule if condition is met

4: On the email address box, the added the person’s email

5: On the cations, I chose discard

6: Tapped save and close

7: Selected the folder I had created for this person

8: Applied

It had deleted all the mail I had previously transferred to this folder. The mail hasn’t gone to the trash folder. How can I get this mail back and have I followed the wrong process. I subsequently deleted the rule but now appears I’m getting no mail from this person

Help would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi, it is "discard" and I have also checked the Trash and the Sent items folder. I think they are gone for good. There were too many to ask the sender to resend, but the vast majority of the emails are now out of date.

I now realise, I had been incorrectly creating the rule until I received your advice, once again thanks 

Message 3 of 7

Was is discard or disregard? Not that it makes much difference now, as unless the emails are in your bin or trash I suspect they are gone for good. Sorry.

Perhaps they may be in sent if you replied to them, but if you ran the rule, these too may have gone.

Could the sender forward them to you if you need them?

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 4 of 7

Hi, thanks for your reply, I was successfully able to recreate the rule I had used and I'm now receiving emails from this person. I have now used the "Move" action and emails are now going direct to that the new folder I created.

I have one further question, when I created the rule to "disregard" e mails from this sander, not only I couldn't receive emails, but it deleted the folder I had set up to manually drag emails to it. What happened to the e-mails that disappeared, can they be recovered.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Give the rule the same name as before

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I think it's the discard step that has caused the issue.

Actions is probably move to and then select the folder.

Not sure how you can change the rules though if you've deleted it. Try setting it up again manually.