cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Drag and drop problem

ariwle
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I have the same problem and cannot drag and drop emails into various folders in my Tiscali email account since the recent upgrade. Also the Move button stopped working since yesterday.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Very comprehensive and informative reply. Many thanks.

Have a great weekend.

Message 2 of 9

It's a good question.

The testing I've carried out is on both migrated mailboxes and unmigrated mailboxes and just to identify the Drag and Drop issue. I've not yet investigated the fail to load up the sign in screen.

I've checked unmigrated mailboxes via both Firefox and Chrome and there's no conflict with the advertising code. Drag and Drop works on both browsers with or without advertising content. So, that tells me that Drag and Drop has been recoded for the new OX Cloud 8 platform and there's a conflict with the advertising code.

With migrated mailboxes, via both Firefox and Chrome, Drag and Drop fails in the presence of advertising content. But works when Ad blocking is active. I'll add a rider about Ad blocking because I also use Malwarebytes and that Ad blocking feature has no effect on the issue. In Firefox, I use AdBlocker Ultimate because I found it to be more reliable for Firefox than my original use of Ghostery. For comparison purposes I retain Ghostery as the Ad Blocker for Chrome.

In summary, for migrated mailboxes only, Ad Blocking as described, is necessary to get Drag and Drop to work. It's easy in Ghostery to demonstrate the effect of Allowing / Trusting the content of specific vendors versus Blocking the content of specific vendors and I did this by trial and error to identify the one Advertising agency that can consistently be shown to cause the Drag and Drop fail. I've not yet swapped over AdBlocker Ultimate for Ghostery in Firefox so all I can say is that in Firefox with AdBlocker Ultimate active the Drag and Drop works but Drag and Drop fails when the advertising is present.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 9

Hi Gondola,

Apologies for a delay in reply. Partial victory. I have installed Ghostery as recommended and it solved the problem; Drag and Drop and Move icon - both working without a glitch, unfortunately only for a few hours. Since yesterday I don't have access to my emails when using Chrome - there is  just a blank page with a moving circle in the middle. Blocking tradehouse.media did not help.

Oddly enough though when I switched to Firefox, it works perfectly (I installed Ghostery but didn't block tradehouse.media). Could the problem be with Chrome rather than TalkTalk/Tiscali??

Message 4 of 9

Hi ariwle 

You've not responded. Are you now using an Ad Blocker as a workaround for the Drag and Drop fail? I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

The Drag and Drop fail is still present today 15 September. So neither TalkTalk nor Trade House Media have done anything to fix the code fail. The last time this happened there was a conflict in code usage. Trade House Media gave an undertaking to check, prior to implementation, any code changes with Open Xchange, the mail platform operator. 

Ghostery : Block Trade House MediaGhostery : Block Trade House Media

The above screenshot shows Ghostery blocking 6 instances of tradehouse.media and when blocked the Drag and Drop functions normally. When tradehouse.media is Allowed then the Drag and Drop fails.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi ariwle 

How are you getting on? - have you added an Ad-Blocker like Ghostery to the browser to prove that Drag and Drop does work when advertising is blocked?

I've carried out further testing today on the Drag and Drop fail. I can now consistently replicate the Drag and Drop fail and associate that with the selective blocking / unblocking of Trade House Media - tradecore.tradehouse.media - such that when blocked the Drag and Drop functions and when unblocked the Drag and Drop fails. This is not the first time that Trade House Media have disrupted the normal functioning of TalkTalk Mail.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

OK, I've just been doing some more testing.  I can now replicate the failure of Drag and Drop.

Windows 11 and Chrome Version 116.0.5845.188 (Official Build) (64-bit) with the Ghostery Ad Blocker extension.

With the Ad Blocker active Drag and Drop works as normal.

With the Ad Blocker paused and the page reloaded the Drag and Drop fails.

With the Ad Blocker resumed and the page reloaded the Drag and Drop works as normal.

I suggest you try an Ad Blocker and confirm the results.

Message 7 of 9

Hi Gondola,

Thank you for your speedy reply. I have updated the private notes section on my profile so I hope Ady will add it to the list. I am using Windows 10 on my Lenovo PC. As for the Move icon, the icon is at the top of the page as usual but now when I click it, no modal appears i.e., there is no option to select where you would like to move the email to. You are correct in saying previously there was an overlay and I could select the folder I wanted to move the email into. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

You know what to do - put your email address in your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes and Ady will add it to the list for checking.

Also let us know what device this is on and what Operating system version is running.

You say the Move 'button' or Move icon stopped working. When it was working did you get a modal appear to show you the folders to move the email into? And when you now try, presumably there's no modal to select the folders from? Screenshots are always helpful so we can see what you see. Do image edit to obscure personal details before uploading here.