cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

E-mails not coming in

Nortonian
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I use MS Outlook on my PC. I can send e-mails but none are arriving. The Send/Receive dialog sends OK but the receive function starts then stops immediately and the dialog closes.

I can see my e-mails on webmail and the sent e-mail is in the Inbox there.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi @Nortonian 

Can we have your feedback please. Did you have an anti-virus add on in Outlook and have you successfully disabled that and repaired the corrupted Outlook account?

Useful for us to know what anti-virus and what version of Outlook were in use.

I appreciate your time to let us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 5

You describe yourself as Nortonian?  Do you have Norton Anti Virus?

I ask because the creation of the phantom <0w#25> Outlook folder in Outlook 2016 is caused by an anti-virus add-on. The inability to delete also means the Outlook data file has been corrupted.

Disable the anti-virus software add-on. Then run the Outlook repair function. Or find scanpst.exe and run that to repair Outlook. Hopefully that will find and fix the corrupted data.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Outlook 2016

I also have the rogue, undeletable Outlook folder that other customers have reported "<0w#25>".

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Nortonian, what version of Outlook are you using? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes