cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email Accounts

ukoldgit
Insightful One
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Does anyone know how long the use of TalkTalk emails continues after you change to another provider.

UK Old Git
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

ukoldgit
Insightful One
Private Message
Message 1 of 13

Thanks  Ady for a nice clear cut answer that's just what I wanted.

UK Old Git
0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

If you're a paying customer then you should not be limited other than that you will be. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ukoldgit
Insightful One
Private Message
Message 3 of 13

Thanks for your reply Ady,

So there are no circumstances for which the mailbox won't be limited to webmail only access?

UK Old Git
0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi ukoldgit, it looks like Gondola has got this covered for you. Non customers do get restricted to webmail only. Broadband and Mail Plus customers are able to retain full mail service. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

ukoldgit
Insightful One
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

Thank you and I hope it's an answer to the question I asked.

UK Old Git
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

I trust you have a happy evening and get the answer you deserve.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

ukoldgit
Insightful One
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

Ah I see you still can't answer much after all these years!

It would seem as usual only someone employed by Talk Talk can answer these sort of questions and maybe clarify what these circumstances are, so perhaps a TT employee could PM me what these circumstance are and if I would definitely lose access to IMAP/POP/SMTP during the 6 months of leaving.

It would seem you don't know for sure if access to IMAP/POP/SMTP would be terminated or not and don't like to be confronted when I point out that your wording is misleading "the mailbox can be limited to webmail only access" , I know it can be limited to webmail but I want to know if it will be!

As you couldn't answer my original question please don't bother to respond again.

UK Old Git
0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Ah, you've switched on pedantic mode!

I'm happy with my wording because there are circumstances for which the mailbox won't be limited to webmail only access. I haven't illustrated every scenario here. I agree that you should expect loss of email client access so subscribe to MailPlus when offered if you don't wish to experience loss of email client access.

0 Likes

ukoldgit
Insightful One
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

So this statement "the mailbox can be limited to webmail only access" should be re-written to "the mailbox will be limited to webmail only access"

Or is there no definite answer to it such as will/maybe/can which is what I asked in the first place but not to worry as it seems I should expect loss of IMAP/POP/SMTP because it can be switched off.

UK Old Git
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

When TalkTalk limit a mailbox to webmail only access then IMAP and POP3 ports are blocked.

Non TalkTalk customers should expect to see the mailbox limited to webmail only access and TalkTalk would normally notify the user that full access would be available with the MailPlus subscription.

So, limited to webmail and being offered a MailPlus subscription is an incentive to subscribe if the user requires IMAP or POP3 access.

You cannot subscribe to MailPlus whilst still a TalkTalk customer. So there's always a period in which to decide what to do. Just wait for the MailPlus offer emails that you should see fairly soon after leaving.

0 Likes

ukoldgit
Insightful One
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Thanks for the reply which raises another question due to this statement "the mailbox can be limited to webmail only access" which sort of implies that IMAP/POP/SMTP could still be available.

Would this be a correct assumption?

UK Old Git
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

If you wish to have full use of a TalkTalk Mail address then the expectation is that, after leaving TalkTalk as a broadband customer, you will subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus.  This means you have webmail and email client access and should you return to TalkTalk you can ask for your mailbox to be linked to the new customer MyAccount at which point the MailPlus subscriptions will cease.

The normal practice is that after leaving you'll be invited to subscribe to MailPlus. If you choose not to subscribe then the mailbox can be limited to webmail only access and anytime after 6 months can be flagged for deletion. TalkTalk will notify before deletion happens. 

If you need the mailbox for an extended period then subscribe to MailPlus and after the first month payment of £5 (currently) you can call to cancel MailPlus and you'll then receive webmail access for 2 years before deletion happens. That's usually more than sufficient time to capture your wanted mail contacts to advise of a new email address. You'll not be able to move your existing email address to a new provider.

I trust this is helpful for you.

0 Likes