cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email Blocked

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 20

Hi I am having trouble with my forwarded email through gmail that a lot but not all of my emails are being blocked ie:-

Message blocked

Your message to **************@talktalk.net has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.
The response from the remote server was:

552 5.2.0 CwG2sYhEJC0bGCwG3soF7n Content rejected (TT992) 

can you sort this please ?

Thank you

Andy

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 20

Hi Ady,

Well I dont know when it was supposed to be cleared up but it hadnt on the 16/June/24.

I will have to see when I next buy something on Ebay or Something else triggers it, time will tell, I will let you know.

Thanks for replying.

Andy

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

I was told we'd made some changes last week and the problems should have cleared now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

@andysue, please see my message from earlier in this thread. 

I've just removed another personal email address displayed in your most recent post. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 4 of 20

Just bought something else today on Ebay & the 2 emails i Received back for paying have also been blocked/rejected ? :-

Message blocked

Your message to XXXXXXXX@talktalk.net has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

552 5.2.0 IlY2sgBt3LfeTIlY3s9t0u Content rejected (TT992)

Reporting-MTA: dns; googlemail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns; ********@paypal.co.uk
Arrival-Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 01:47:37 -0700 (PDT)
X-Original-Message-ID: <02.07.04350.7A6AE666@ccg01mail04>

Final-Recipient: rfc822; and*********@talktalk.net
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx.talktalk.net. (62.24.202.42, the server for the domain talktalk.net.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 552 5.2.0 IlY2sgBt3LfeTIlY3s9t0u Content rejected (TT992)
Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 01:47:42 -0700 (PDT)
0 Likes

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 20

Just bought something on ebay & had 2 replies come back for payment both blocked :-

Message blocked

Your message to andrew***********@talktalk.net has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

552 5.2.0 IV2gsHlwZ5PT1IV2hsIW34 Content rejected (TT992)

Reporting-MTA: dns; googlemail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns; ********@paypal.co.uk
Arrival-Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 08:10:09 -0700 (PDT)
X-Original-Message-ID: <1E.4A.04233.FCEAD666@ccg01mail06>

Final-Recipient: rfc822; andrew*********talktalk.net
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx.talktalk.net. (62.24.202.42, the server for the domain talktalk.net.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 552 5.2.0 IV2gsHlwZ5PT1IV2hsIW34 Content rejected (TT992)
Last-Attempt-Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2024 08:10:13 -0700 (PDT)
0 Likes

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 20

Not so far Ady, but thats not very good perhaps they should have informed you before hand?

Thanks for getting back to me.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

I've just been told we made some changes a few days ago that would for a while have triggered the TT512 error. Is it still happening?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

I'm waiting for an update from the email team. If I don't hear back we'll have to raise a basic fault ticket for this. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

@andysue, I have edited out the @bt.d.mailin.fr address that showed a sender's name.

Nothing of that sort should be left visible in posted information - you can add things in Private Notes at the end of Personal Information, save changes, and alert staff that it's recorded there.

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 10 of 20

Hi Ady here is another one with a different code :-

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to andrew**********@talktalk.net because the address couldn't be found or is unable to receive email.

550 5.1.1 Gdzps4VKKX0QW Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

Reporting-MTA: dns; 
0 Likes

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 20

will do Ady, thanks

Andy

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Keep an eye on it and if certain senders are getting blocked more than others please let me know. 

Ady

0 Likes

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 20

Hi Ady

ok thanks for that, sometimes they are from important places like banks, I may have to report to you again to see what is happening, as sometimes they get through & sometimes they dont. I prefer to let myself decide whether it is spam or not. I do use mailwasher so I see my email before I download it. if it is blocked I can look into the body of it to see where it has come from whilst it is on the server.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

The problem is that 992 is the error sent when we block spam so its a legitimate bounce error message as well as showing when a filter has been a little too aggressive. If most mail from most senders is getting through and only odd ones getting blocked there's not much I can do. We block millions of emails per day. I can't ask the team to investigate those. I have raised incidents for blocking of bulk mails from Gmail and others in the last 24 hours though. So if all mail to you from greenking is blocked I can add them to the list. 

Ady

0 Likes

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 20

Hi Ady, It is happening to some emails, it is very sporadic. Sometimes from important stuff like Banks. Its not down to any specific sender & has been happening for months. I did report it once before but it is happening more lately. Hope this helps.

Infact here is another one from Green Kings :-

Message blocked

Your message to a***********@talktalk.net has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

552 5.2.0 EWHwsWuc56EwHEWHxsFlYf Content rejected (TT992)

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Hi andysue, is this happening to all mail sent through from Gmail or some? 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

I'll re-escalate this for you, @andysue. Staff are not on here at weekends, so it takes a while to catch up during the week. 

0 Likes

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 20

& again Is anyone reading this?

552 5.2.0 E6b8slj1zRa8lE6b9spZWW Content rejected (TT992)

0 Likes

andysue
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

I have another one?

552 5.2.0 DMxVsUci6GwdXDMxtsy1P9 Content rejected (TT992)

Can you fix this please?

0 Likes