cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email Hacked

hmead96
Participant
Private Message
Message 53 of 53

Hello! My email address h******ad@talktalk.net has been hacked. I cannot login or reset my password because I cannot access this email. Please help. This email was used to set up some of my social media platforms and they have all been hacked. This is a matter of urgency.

Harry Mead
52 REPLIES 52

Message 21 of 53

Hello, I've not had a reply yet. Please can this be escalated and dealt with asap. Thank you.

Philip Mead
0 Likes

Message 22 of 53

Hi pmead66, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 23 of 53

@pmead66, whatever was your old Talktalk landline number needs to go into your profile information details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings. In Personal Information, fill in as required. SAVE CHANGES. 

The forum is not real time support as staff are working their way through the queue for attention. 

You'll get notification emails through which are from a No Reply address, so you need to respond on here.

If staff ask you to reply by Private Message (PM) you do that via the message envelope in the profile area. 

If asked to complete a form by PM, do it that very day as the links in these are time sensitive. 

It will now be after the weekend, as staff are on here daytime Monday to Friday. 

I'll escalate this and ensure that they have enabled PMs for you so that things should go smoothly for you next week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 24 of 53

Hi Ady, I am Harry's father. Please message me instructions. I am the account holder. Thank you.

Philip Mead
0 Likes

Message 25 of 53

Your father needs to register on the community and post in order for me to help. If you want to speak to someone on the phone you'd need to call customer services.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 53

No, you don't seem to understand. I'm with my father at the moment. We do not have an account with TalkTalk anymore. Please can you just call me or something. This has gone on far too long now and I need it to get sorted. How would you have contacted my father? He has not recieved anything. If you have sent him an email to his talktalk email address, he does not use this anymore. I'm getting tired of asking for help now.

Harry Mead
0 Likes

Message 27 of 53

If your father was account holder we would have run through security checks with him. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 28 of 53

Hi, so my father was the account holder. We do not have an account with TalkTalk anymore.

Harry Mead
0 Likes

Message 29 of 53

Hi hmead96,were you the account holder when the email address was created? If you were then please answer the questions in the link if not please ask the account holder to register on the community so that we can verify the security information. 

Ady

Message 30 of 53

Hi hmead96, apologies for the delay. We recently discovered that the workflow tool we use to process the posts and messages hasn't be pulling the messages into the conversation. 

I'll send another message shortly to give you a chance to provide the necessary information so that we can verify you as owner of the email account. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 31 of 53

So the PM reply to what Ady sent will have been processed, @hmead96.

Don't otherwise use PMs for staff as they get inundated and won't usually reply unless it's something they are specifically looking out for.

So always post on the thread.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 53

I responded via the PM envelope image.

Harry Mead
0 Likes

Message 33 of 53

Any email notifications are from a No Reply email address, @hmead96, so if you replied there, staff can't receive your response. 

If you responded to a PM it would be via the envelope in the profile area. 

Is that where you responded?

0 Likes

Message 34 of 53

Yes I replied to the email last week. I’ve replied again today requesting a response. The hacker is continuing to message my friends on my Instagram account. I need some urgent help to get into my talk talk email. 

Harry Mead
0 Likes

Message 35 of 53

@hmead96, assuming that you replied to Ady's PM.

He was off this week and not able to do his usual hours. I will escalate it for you again. 

0 Likes

Message 36 of 53

Hi there,

I’ve still had no response. This is getting ridiculous now. My email has been hacked and I can’t access it. Please can this be re-escalated? I’m desperate and losing hope that I’ll be able to retrieve my email. Thank you.

Harry Mead
0 Likes

Message 37 of 53

Hi hmead96, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Message 38 of 53

I re-escalated your thread last night, but if staff are not on the board today it does just have to wait in the queue for when they are back.

It's not a real time discussion like phone / chat support, @hmead96.

Message 39 of 53

A follow up or update would be great. Thank you.

Harry Mead
0 Likes

Message 40 of 53

OK, thank you for letting me know. 

Harry Mead
0 Likes