cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email access restricted to webmail

Jack197
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I received an email telling me that from 17th February, i would no longer be able to access my email because I am using unencrypted settings:

We recently contacted you, asking you to update the settings on the app or software you use to access your TalkTalk email service. Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this, from 17th February you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software.

You will still be able to access, read, send, and receive your emails through our TalkTalk Webmail internet page.

I misunderstood this email, I thought it was a repeat of a previous email notifying me to update my email server settings which I had already done, so I thought I didn’t have to do anything further. I have since lost access to my emails. I can only access them by webmail as stated in the TalkTalk communication.

I realise now that the problem is that I was using Outlook 2006 which does not support encrypted mail. I have now uninstalled this from my PC and have installed Thunderbird instead. However I cannot save an account in Thunderbird because I cannot authenticate my email user name or password. I assume this is due to the restricted access?

How do I request for my mailbox to be restored to normal function?

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Chris

Email all set up now and everything running OK.

Thanks

Jack

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

OK thanks, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks Ady. I’ll check if I can set my email up in a couple of days.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Jack197, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes