cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email content missing

NeilM
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I have recently encountered an issue that is baffling me. My incoming emails, on my ....@tiscali.co.uk address, download when I open my inbox, but there is nothing there, beyond the header. It has happened several times over the last couple of months and affects only a single tranche of emails. If I leave the inbox open, and someone else sends me something, I will get that normally, but I cannot recover the blank ones.

I use Thunderbird, with incoming mail on IMAP setting. (I did this, as I sometimes use a tablet, instead of my laptop, and didn't want my emails spread over different machines. However, I haven't used the tablet for the last four or five months, so doubt that this is involved in this problem)

When the emails first come in, I get a quick preview list, so I know that these emails did contain some content, but when I click on the email, it just comes up with a blank page. Can anyone advise me of what is going on here? Thanks. 

Neil

Neil
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

A reinstall or repair of Thunderbird is certainly the next step in troubleshooting.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

NeilM
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi Gondola,

• Thanks. I checked in the webmail, as you recommended, and can see the full email text there, for all three affected emails. From what you have commented, you are suggesting a glitch with my Thunderbird is responsible and recommending reloading it??

Neil

Neil
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi Neil

Check in webmail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

Mail messages are often in multipart format. Which means there's an HTML section and a plain text section. It's probably a glitch in the format or presentation.  So, the first thing is to see if the incoming mail is being presented as expected in webmail.

Uninstall and reinstall Thunderbird if webmail is presenting the mail as expected.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution