cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

My email

Peelygirl
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Sometimes emails that are sent to me do not arrive at all.  Last week I reminded a supplier that he had not replied to my email.  He sent me his reply dated 07 February several days earlier.  Also, I have been receiving a weekly email from my Golf Club on a Friday.  The last one I got was 2 weeks ago - not one on the 10th, nor yesterday the 17th.  And they looked on their system and two other emails they sent me have not been opened - I haven't received them of course.

And about 20 days ago a supplier sent me a menu list which did not arrive.  In that case, I had to get her to send it to a friend as she was never able to get through to me on my email address.

This problem should be sorted out rapidly please.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

There could be several issues here.

Suppressed sending by the Golf Club mailing service is a common one when there's a difficulty getting mail through to you and they then stop sending. The Golf Club may still think they're sending but their mail service has suppressed or blocked sending out to your mailbox.

But you're seeing others not get mail through so a bit of troubleshooting is required with your assistance please.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

Let us know of the presence of any Filter rules. Before retesting it's necessary to Delete all and any Filter rule that's found especially one called a Blocked Senders rule that may have been inherited from a former mail platform.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution