cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email display

NEWbrain1
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

The latest update to the email page in TalkTalk appears to be rather strange on my tablet but not on my phone.

When you open the inbox on my tablet each email takes up a massive amount of space on the screen, with no details of the sender, other than a single name. If I click on the space I then see the email properly as I would expect, with all the details.

Does anyone else experience this strange presentation?

Thanks.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

PS, I noted you were using the tablet held in vertical portrait mode (or the display was in portrait mode) whereas I'd expect a better display in landscape mode so long as the browser is in a desktop site device mode rather than mobile device mode. However, true mobile device mode for 'phones is designed to be best for TalkTalk Mail with the 'phone held in vertical portrait mode.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

I've borrowed the use of a tablet to try and replicate the various display issues reported. Your screenshot will be very helpful to the TalkTalk Mail team so grateful thanks for taking the time to upload.

My investigation so far reveals that tablet use, because of the smaller screen size is best with a little optimisation and perhaps change of display options.

I normally have a triple pane display in Vertical Layout mode. Folder view on the left, List view in the middle and Detail view on the right.  What's immediately apparent is that the Detail view icons - Trash / Reply / Reply all / Set colour flag / More actions ellipsis - are not best positioned and do cause display issues for the normal header when the Detail view area is smaller in width.  I would normally scroll the List view to see the Detail view change from one message to the next.

Using the List Layout may be better on a tablet so that when the Detail view is selected there's more horizontal space. The user can then 'scroll' or move through the folder to change from one message to the next by using the Up / Down chevron icons top right of the Detail view.

Also, the tablet display is best optimised by toggling the Folder view to icons on the left side of screen except when the full Folder view is needed.

Instead of having a text preview in the List view the user can opt to not Show text preview. This will show more mail messages in the List view.

Message 3 of 8

I've discovered what the issue is. By switching to 'desktop site' under the browser settings on the tablet, all emails show correctly. So I'm not sure it was such a major issue after all.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 8

I think this issue must be just related to the browser display on a tablet. Ady is collating information to feed back to the TalkTalk Mail team.

Message 5 of 8

Thanks. I have attached an image of what one email appears like on the page when you open the inbox. A further click on the email will show full details.

As I said in my first post, this situation only occurs on a tablet, not a phone or PC.Email displayEmail display

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi NEWbrain1, please send me a personal message including your affected talktalk email addresses so that I can add you to the list.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

There have been some reports of unexpected display issues.  But my crystal ball must need polishing because I cannot see what you see.  Do you think you could help us out here by taking screenshots. Image edit to redact personal data before uploading here using the camera icon (desktop mode browser) or picture icon (mobile mode browser).