cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email not working

discostan
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Can someone at talktalk please reset my email

Stan
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

It should happen later today. They're supposed to be reset daily.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 12

Thanks Ady

How long will it take for the email addresses to come live again

Regards

Stan

Stan
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Stan, I've added your mailboxes to be returned to full function.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hello Ady

I've added the two email addresses

Regards

Stan

Stan
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi Stan, please add the affected emails to private notes in your community profile. Post back once you've done that.

Ady

discostan
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

Excellent thank you, hopefully this will resolve it 

Stan

Message 7 of 12

Stan, I've pushed a  request to TalkTalk Support to restore full access.

TalkTalk Support will respond here and full access will follow on from that, usually within 24 hours.

Access will need to be restored by TalkTalk before the phone will authenticate a connection.

Continue to use TalkTalk Mail via webmail until IMAP/POP3 access is restored.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

discostan
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

Hello, I've tried these settings and still no access

The Samsung mobile app - access will need to be restored by TalkTalk before the phone will authenticate a connection.

The incoming and outgoing server settings to use for all TalkTalk Consumer email domains are:

Incoming mail server: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 993 (for IMAP secure) 995 (for POP3 secure) so check the account type already setup - IMAP or POP3

Security type: SSL

Outgoing mail server: smtp.talktalk.net

Port: 587

Security type: TLS

Require authentication for sending mail: ON (switch to the right)

Stan
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Both devices are capable of secure mail and encryption to TLS 1.2 so that's good.  If those are the only devices connecting to the mailbox and they weren't set up for secure mail then IMAP access will have been withdrawn as a last resort action to stop the use of insecure connections.

I'll provide guides below so you have a check on the required settings and request full access is restored.

The Samsung mobile app - access will need to be restored by TalkTalk before the phone will authenticate a connection.

The incoming and outgoing server settings to use for all TalkTalk Consumer email domains are:

Incoming mail server: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 993 (for IMAP secure) 995 (for POP3 secure) so check the account type already setup - IMAP or POP3

Security type: SSL

Outgoing mail server: smtp.talktalk.net

Port: 587

Security type: TLS

Require authentication for sending mail: ON (switch to the right)

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

0 Likes

discostan
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hello yes I have tried using the new settings but still no access to emails. I use a S10 phone and my wife has a A22 which shows the same sign in failure report

Regards

Stan

Stan

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

Are you using secure email settings? Did you get notified that continued use of insecure settings will result in the mailbox being limited to webmail only access?

You'll need to provide more information about all the ways you access your mailbox. Devices, operating systems, mail software versions and the incoming and outgoing server settings in use.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the tiscali email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Over the weekend just sign in to webmail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

0 Likes