cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email problem.

mzungu
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I am trying to send email and get the following message.
"Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.talktalk.net timed out. Try again."

What does it mean and is the problem serious?

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I did nothing. Thanks for letting us know its working again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I don't know wht you have done but its working perfectly now. Thank you.

Message 3 of 6

Hi mzungu, please confirm that you're using the settings as they appear in the email settings help article and provide the affected email address in a personal message to me. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

mzungu
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I can neither send nor receive emails to my email program but can read them on webmail.   I have tried with my other PC, which is set up identically and cannot receive or send emails from it.  I have a talktalk email address and one on Gmail.

The email program I use is Thunderbird.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi mzungu, are you using a TalkTalk email address? Is receiving working normally? Does it work using webmail?

Ady

0 Likes