cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email rejected TT992

Rich22
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

My pipex (talktalk) email account has just recently rejected emails from yahoo email senders. Anyone know how this can be corrected.

RS
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Excellent.

I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 11

Hi Gondola,

That’s great, thanks.

I just tested mine; yahoo mail is now coming through.

Something learnt! I’ll know what may be happening next time ......

RS

Message 3 of 11

Hi Rich22 

I've just retested Yahoo Mail to TalkTalk Mail and that mail message was accepted for delivery without a problem. A different mail sending IP address was used: 77.238.179.83 which, although still listed by SORBS SPAM, is obviously being accepted by TalkTalk Mail via CloudMark. 

Message 4 of 11

...and all that's required is for the Yahoo Mail admins to get de-listed from SORBS SPAM - after they've stopped the spam being sent from their servers. Is that too much to ask?

TalkTalk uses CloudMark / Proofpoint sender intelligence to control its inbound mail. It's CloudMark that will make the decision on what trust to put into any Blacklisting agency alongside reports from other sources concerning the reputation of mail senders.

0 Likes

cavedweller
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 11

I know @Gondola is suggesting that it is Yahoo's problem

BUT it appears that only TalkTalk are rejecting these emails many other isp's are not stopping yahoo sending emails so does that mean that TalkTalk is using "Spam and Open Relay Blocking System" too authoritatively compared to other ISP's

According to wikipedia (which I know is a dangerous statement to start with!)

False positives

Due to the automation of SORBS listings it is possible for the addresses of legitimate mail servers to be listed from time to time. Therefore, users of the SORBS Spam list in particular should consider carefully any such implications and may wish to use the service as part of a larger spam blocking system. The SORBS 'No Servers' list is reported to be wholly administered by the network administrators of the networks concerned therefore it should be false positive free.

Troglodyte

Message 6 of 11

I am doing the same work-around with a gmail account.

I also have a yahoo email so tried to report the issue. Unfortunately their support is all FAQs. No direct contact allowed!

RS
0 Likes

cavedweller
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 11

This is happening to me too. I just did not realise it was happening until my friend rang me (he uses yahoo) to say he has been getting email rejected for 3 days. He is now sending to a gmail account I have had to create.

If talkTalk cannot get this sorted internally does TalkTalk have any contacts within Yahoo that they can raise the issue with or does my friend have to raise a problem with Yahoo.?

Troglodyte
0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

It's not the sending email address that's being rejected it's the Yahoo Mail server IP address. Yahoo Mail haven't yet got the IP address I checked off the SORBS SPAM blacklist.

Are the other email accounts that are receiving the Yahoo Mail also TalkTalk Mail accounts or other external accounts? I suggest you use alternative email accounts whilst waiting for Yahoo Mail to improve their sending reputation with SORBS SPAM. Ideally for Yahoo Mail to identify and stop spam sending at source.

I've just tested my Yahoo Mail account and that's also getting a Content rejected (TT992) bounceback from a TalkTalk Mail address.

I've let TalkTalk know what's happening but it's not normal practice to whitelist a 'spammy' mail sender IP because that could open the gate to all sorts of spam and malware onto the TalkTalk network and onto customer devices.

If you wish to take this further then report the issue to Yahoo Mail.

Message 9 of 11

Thank you.

The @yahoo.co.uk email is received by other email accounts.

It is my talktalk (pipex) account which has just recently rejected these. Last week everything was fine.

The email has been tested with no content. Still rejected. I don’t see how this can be filtered as spam.

Would appreciate if talktalk could resolve this ASAP.

RS
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

The mail messages have been rejected as spam or having other suspicious content.  Yahoo Mail IP address is listed by SORBS SPAM. It's up to the Yahoo Mail admins in Ireland to improve the sending reputation of Yahoo Mail.

MX Toolbox Blacklist

0 Likes