cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email settings update

kevinmarks
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 8 of 8

Hello Gondola,

You've helped me before - but I've had to change my account to chat to you again...

I have exactly the same problem as James Gunn had re email settings /Tiscali/devices...

I too have carried-out all instructions on both my phone and lap-top.

Spoke to Talk Talk by chat on Sunday morning and they had to 'remove restrictions' - they (Julius) said this would be done in 48 hours...

Those 48 hours have passed and there is no change.

Only able to use TalkTalk webmail at the moment.

Your help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Kevin

7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Morning Ady,

Do you know when I could expect normal functions to resume?

How will I know? Or, do I just need to keep checking?

Is my Tiscali address going to cease at some stage anyway - if I no longer pay to subscribe to an active TalkTalk account?

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi Kevin, I've requested that the mailbox be restored to normal function for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 8

Hi Kevin

I've requested the restore of full email access for you. That's waiting in TalkTalk's workflow. Assuming Ady picks that up tomorrow, Wednesday, Ady will reply here and may ask for some personal verification details by Community Private Messaging.

I expect you have put the email address into your Community profile Private notes as Ady will pick that up to carry out checks.

When Ady's verification is complete he'll be able to authorise the restore of full email access and within 24 hours of that you'll be back in action.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 8

Thanks Gondola - all those settings are already in place

Lap-top (not with me) is Windows - I'll check which version tonight...

Are Talk Talk reinstating full access now?

How will I know? Do I just keep trying?

Thanks again.

Kevin

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

The Samsung A20e is capable of secure mail. There is an update for the email app to 6.1.75 to fix some certificate issues so it would be good to get that update. Also make sure that the Require authentication to send emails is switched on.

IMAP Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 993

SMTP Outgoing server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Require authentication to send emails: ON

Is the laptop running Windows or MacOS ? Windows 10 and 11 are good so long as the email software is Windows Mail (NOT Windows Live Mail) or Outlook 2016 onwards, or current Thunderbird or Bluemail for example. MacOS  10.12 Sierra or newer running MacMail is good.

kevinmarks
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your swift (as ever) reply Gondola...

Phone is Samsung Galaxy A20e (Model No SM-A202F/DS). Email Version 6.1.74.5. Server Security types set are; Incoming IMAP - SSL, Outgoing IMAP - TLS.

I don't have my lap-top with me at present.

I'll avoid collecting emails from anything other than these in future.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi Kevin

Pleased to know that webmail is working to keep you in touch.

TalkTalk are removing IMAP access when connections logs show, despite previous guidance, there's email software still connecting using insecure settings.

Good to know that you've updated the settings on the phone and laptop. Just to double check those settings it would be helpful to know the model of phone and laptop, the operating system versions, the email software versions. This is just to make sure the devices are capable of secure mail connections using a minimum requirement of TLS 1.2 encryption.

Sometimes also helpful to screenshot the settings, image edit and upload here as a further check, if you wish. Some devices do use auto setup processes that don't always use the secure settings. NB the email software will not authenticate a connection until TalkTalk do reinstate full access for you that l will request now on the basis that secure settings are in place or ready to go.

Just also confirm that there's no other method you use to view your emails. No other mail collection service, computer, tablet, notebook, phone etc. Guides are given below.

Unfortunately, you'll need to pass verification checks with TalkTalk Support here unless there is some note attached to your TalkTalk customer account made by Julius. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Windows PC

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Mac PC using Mac Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device