cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

POP3/SMTP service is disabled - message when changing to new settings

Ksmith2814
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

I have notification of new email settings for accessing email, however when trying to change I am getting an error message. The email/password is correct. Can you please help 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Camberman, I've added you to the list of those to be restored to normal function.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 13

Excellent. We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Ksmith2814
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 13

thank you very much for your help. i am sorted now 🙂 

Message 4 of 13

Hi Ksmith2814, I've requested that your mailbox be restored to normal service. It can take a few hours to return to working order.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Ksmith2814
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

thank you very much i will await the response 🙂

Message 6 of 13

The secure settings will not authenticate until TalkTalk restore IMAP/ POP3 access but the request for that is made. TalkTalk Support will respond here.

Ksmith2814
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 13

Unfortunately the gmail app when using the .talktalk.net email address will not accept the password (the password is correct as i can login to webmail). thank you

Message 8 of 13

I believe all are capable of supporting secure mail. The Gmail app that may be installed sets up secure mail easily so long as the auto-setup settings are double checked and correct.

I do see that Which magazine issued a security notice about the Huawei tablet that it may not be receiving security updates.

Ksmith2814
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 13

Hello - sorry forgot that bit.  Huwawei Mediapad T5 AGS3-W09 Android Version 8.8.0 version. Also a Huwawei P20 phone. thank you

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Now the seriously important bit please tell us what devices you use to connect to your mailbox, what the operating system and email software version is.

0 Likes

Ksmith2814
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

hello - I believe i have done this now. can you advise. thank you

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Hi Ksmith2814 

If your email access has been restricted to webmail only it'll be as a last resort because of continued use of insecure mail settings and ignoring previous advice to update those settings. It's now too late to change those settings as the email client will not authenticate until TalkTalk restore IMAP / POP3 access.

To make sure you're ready for that please tell us what devices you use to connect to your mailbox, what the operating system and email software version is. Some devices and softwares do not support secure mail to the required TLS 1.2 encryption standard. We can point you to setup guides to make sure compatible devices / softwares will connect securely to your mailbox.

Check that you can access webmail to keep in touch.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile