cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Lost email access on Samsung mobile app & email plus problems

ibooker_031
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Complex problem started with my wife losing access to emails via email app on her Samsung a53 5g mobile.

She tried to update the email settings but the STARTTLS option were not showing in the email app. 

After contacting support she was advised to sign up for email plus as we are no longer have talktalk broadband or phone service. 

As the her email was managed under a family account I signed up for the email plus account on my email address.

The MyAccount login does not work. After speaking technical support and using the help chat for over 2 hours I told that as a email plus only account holder MyAccount was not available to me.

We have been talktalk customers on two separate occasions and we have five emails addresses that I wish to maintain under the email plus account. 

I have managed to login to myaccount for the most recent talktalk connection, one master email address with four family emails  including my wife's. It correctly displayed that we are not currently talktalk customers and allowed my control of the mailboxes.

I need to combine all five email addresses under the one email plus account I have signed up for to retain access to all five emails.

Also to resolve the issue with access for my wife's account on her Samsung mobile email app.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Mr Ian Booker
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Ibooker_031, I've added the email address that was limited to those waiting to be processed.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

ibooker_031
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Good morning Gondola, 

I have checked the settings on my wife's phone and they match the information provided. I can also confirm that the only access to her email account is via the mobile email app or webmail.

Thank you for your time and help, much appreciated. 

Mr Ian Booker

ibooker_031
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Thank you very much for your help Gondola. 

I have updated my profile as requested. 

I will reset/check the settings on my wife's phone and confirm email access from other devices in the morning as I am working on the late shift this week. 

Mr Ian Booker

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

OK, so, TalkTalk Support here can 'move the email addresses to be linked to the MailPlus MyAccount. They'll need to verify the registered user of the email accounts which is the TalkTalk account holder at the time of first creating the email addresses.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Former TalkTalk account holder name, former home 'phone number if possible to locate previous account

Alternative current mobile contact number. Full current address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email addresses and the MailPlus account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

TalkTalk will verify the email registration details via Community Private Messaging. They'll need account holder name, postal address and phone number at the time of first registering the email addresses unless those email addresses were previously migrated to a later MyAccount.

Next is the Samsung mobile app. This needs secure settings to work and as TalkTalk will have removed IMAP access because of continued use of insecure settings the access will need to be restored by TalkTalk before the phone will authenticate a connection.

The settings to use are:

Incoming mail server: mail.talktalk.net

Port: 993 (for IMAP secure) 995 (for POP3 secure) so check the account type already setup

Security type: SSL

Outgoing mail server: smtp.talktalk.net

Port: 587

Security type: TLS

Require authentication for sending mail: ON (switch to the right)

Does her mailbox get accessed via any other means? Mail collection service, computer, tablet, notebook, other phone? Asking because insecure mail settings on any connections would trigger removal of IMAP/POP3 access.

I'll request full access be restored on the basis that the above settings are in place. TalkTalk Support will need to confirm via Community Private Messaging what the email address is for your wife, along with the verification details for the other emails.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution