cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails from a legitimate domain is not reaching me

Angela91
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I am a volunteer with a registered UK charity.  I need to send and receive emails with my colleagues, some of whom have addresses using that charity's domain.  It is a non-standard format and does not end .com or .uk.  Emails are not reaching me and I am missing important papers and meetings.  Is there a postmaster at TalkTalk to whom I can send the domain details to ensure that the domain is permitted and I can get all the emails intended for me?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Angela91, that's great thanks for letting us know. The scan tool is proofpoints means for us to check the filtering results. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Angela91
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Thanks Ady.  This is what I have been experiencing.  One of your colleagues rang me and this has been escalated to Proofpoint as it seems as if the anti-spam filters are catching and rejecting emails from the charity's domain.
Thank you for trying to help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Angela91, I've run 7 day scans on your email address and the sender email address and neither brings up and information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Ady-TalkTalk has checked and said that there is no mail being blocked from your Inbox over the last 7 days. As I do not know the email domain for your charity I cannot provide specific help.

I'll leave it to you and Ady from here on.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Angela91
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Gondola, thank you for trying to help.  However, I had already stated that the charity's emails are not reaching me, do not go to junk or spam, there are no rules and filters and the sender does not get error or bounce back messages.  I am asking TalkTalk to allow the traffic from the domain through its over-sensitive rules.  I was getting the emails before Christmas and 'something has changed' so I am no longer receiving them

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Angela91, I've run a 7 day scan against your pipex mailbox and there's nothing showing. If you provide the sender address either in your profile under private notes or via private message sent to me.

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

For TalkTalk Support include in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number.
    Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the charity sending email address, notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

First check your mailbox:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam to recheck and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Select the New email button to compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
  • Select All settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Rules
    Select the chevron icon > to see all defined Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red  X
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if the self sent mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

TalkTalk Support will pick up this topic from Monday onwards to check for receipt of the charity emails over the last week only.

Do you know if there's a mail sending service that's contracted to send the mail messages? Also, very important, do you know if the mail messages are authenticated with SPF, digitally signed (DKIM) and do they have a policy set by DMARC. SPF, DKIM, and DMARC help authenticate email senders by verifying that the emails originated from the domain that they claim to be from and have not been intercepted and changed.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Angela91
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

I should add that the email is not going to spam.  It is not getting as far as my inbox

0 Likes