cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails messages are being dropped or blocked

Binkly
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 16

Hi my mail service has been getting progressively worse in the last year.

I have previously failed to get job alerts from sites such as Indeed and then Reed.co.uk dropped off the radar, all job alerts from both sites were completely dropped.I worked around this by logging into those sites. The issue has not resolved itself.

I am now unable to get login verification emails from MS Azure, this is a problem I cannot work around. I have had intermittent issues with MS email previously, but for the last three days all login verification codes by email have been blocked.

I use the Thunderbird client, but logged into to web mail via browser to check spam and filter settings. I deleted the contents of my mail box to ensure there is enough space for new messages.

Is there anything you can do to help please?

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Cloudmark could be blocking mails from the senders en masse, but I can't see that I can only see if its blocked specifically fro your account by us. We can't check through the tens of millions of network level rejections.  To confirm you checked filters in your TalkTalk Webmail and there are no filters at all setup in there?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

You replied to me on the 27/04 it is now the 15/05. Was there no one available to take over your workload? 

I use a client, Thunderbird. I dont use the TT webmail interface and have not applied any filters.

Until four / five weeks ago I was getting mail from Microsoft and Azure with no problem, now nothing.

I have checked to see if anything has been put into the junk folder in the webmail application, and nothing.

If my client did not pick up an email it would still be on your server, it isnt.

Everything else is out of my control and on your backend.

That means your blocking...because if your not, then who is?

This isnt dropped packets, its a consistant blocking behaviour, very much like the Tech Support given in this thread..

Talk Talk can go chew a brick

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi Binkly, apologies I've been on leave. The check showed no blocked mail against the email address used to register here on the community. You definitely don't have any filters in your webmail settings do you? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Thank you for your help, I thought this route would be quicker that resetting my Azure account which can take 30 days, if only.

Given the set up that is being used to provide customer service, (understaffed, undertrained, reliance on community members) I dont envisage an improvement or even an acknowlegment fromm TT that they are systemicaly failing customers.

I would still like a resolution, but I am moving my mail accounts to a private provider and then moving my ISP to one that understands infrastructure and service provision require preventative maintenance. That means supporting staff internaly with realistic workloads and proper training.

Thanks again for your help

Message 5 of 16

@Binkly, there's a  Complaints process which you can follow, starting with the link at the foot of the page.

I hope that helps!

On some message boards there's only one member of staff, whereas Broadband and Phone get more coverage. 

All I can do is keep re-escalating this for you when it appears to have been overlooked. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 6 of 16

Thanks Gliwmaeden2

This is crazy, on the 27 / 04 I had a reply from a Talk Talk member of staff, clearly stating they would check to see if my email was blocked and even after another escalation there has still been no responce.

Disapointed is an understatement of my sentiment towards TT tech support. DO you happen to know how I can escalate this issue beyond the forum, I would like to complan about the capability and level of support available.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 16

Re-escalating this for you, @Binkly.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 8 of 16

Hello Ady, I am still locked out of my MS Azure account, and still not recieving updates from job sites.

I have an exam to study for which requires access to Azure, which I have been locked out of for over a month.

This topic has been active for three weeks with no resolution, all the information required to identify the problem was included in my first post.

Please could you let me know if my email is being blocked or not.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Hi Ady, have you been able to check if my email is being blocked? I am still not recieving mail from those domains.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi Binkly, I don't have to run the checker to know that we're not blocking those mail senders. If we were we'd be getting mass complaints about it. What I will do instead is see if we're blocking your mail address. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Thanks Chris, I have put what I think are the sending domains in my private notes. The last three are because I dont know which domain Azure uses for log in verification codes.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Binkly,

I'm not sure if we need the whole email address but could you add the domains that you think are being blocked to the private notes section of your community profile

Thanks

Chris

Binkly
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

Hi I appreciate your probably quite busy, but I am still unable to receive email from the previously mentioned services.

I am feeling just a little bit isolated and wondering why on earth email from Microsoft is being blocked? and why my email service has been effectively degraded.

It would be nice to receive a reply as to what if anything can be done to fix the problem, and a time scale within which that might happen.

Checking for singular blocked email addresses does not seem to take account of the scope of the problem, these are corporate service provider addresses, why have they been systemically filtered?

0 Likes

Binkly
Team Player
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hi Ady, how would I derive which address the e-mails are coming from. They are all corporate addresses related to services. Is it possible to check for blocked e-mail against a domain?

I signed up for job alerts again at Reed and Indeed last night, I had confirmation e-mails to say the alerts were active, but as yet have not recieved any actual job alerts. I also tried to login to Azure last night and tonight, both times the verification e-mails have failed to reach me.

Is it possible to unblock everything and I will train my client to remove spam, or can you place exceptions for entire domains?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Hi Binkly, I can check for any mails being blocked in the last 7 days. If you add the sender email addresses to private notes in your community profile I can run checks on them.

Ady

0 Likes