cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Talktalk tells me it’s not possible to use her iPhone or iPad mail app to recover mail.

DodgyRoger
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

I’ve been on the phone to talktalk for over 24 hrs in total trying to find out why my wife can’t receive emails on her devices . I have written to Trista Harrison CEO , Gemma Fraser CEO and the complaints dept and not of them have even bothered to reply. If she logs onto webmail she can send and receive but not by using iPhone app. Somebody please help. 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Roger, I'm delighted to hear we've got it sorted for you. Sorry its took so long. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

They phoned me yesterday about a negative review I gave them, the lady said she will call me back at 16.00hrs. I must admit she didn't say what year that would be ,but no callback yet. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

No don't call them , they haven't got a clue. This forum and the help of Ady and Chris is where you need to be to get problems sorted out.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hello Ady, Your a "SUPER ".

Its now working ,thank you sooo much for your assistance . Why those in  customer care have tried for 4 months and over 24hrs of phone calls is beyond me. Some retraining needs to be done in that department. 

Thank you for your help and I now know where to come for proper technical help. Regards Roger 

Message 5 of 20

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi Roger, I've checked and it seems whilst I was on leave no one has cleared the list of those to be restored. I must apologise for the delay. The colleague who works this is off today, but due back tomorrow. I'll make sure that the problem is resolved tomorrow morning. 

In the meantime I'll be passing feedback on to those who advised you incorrectly. There's a full library of guidance for them on each individual issue and there's no excuse for failing to provide the correct information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 7 of 20

Hi Chris, I have received a message from TT saying, we are sorry you have had a problem with our service. we've tried to contact you about your complaint as we want to put things right asap. ( No they haven't )  Following our investigation we want to let you know we are unable to fix the problem without speaking to you first. Please call us within 28 days or this complaint will be closed. I phoned them today to be told that Hector Sikobi has put on his notes that as webmail works the reason she can't receive emails on her mobile device app is a problem with those devices and nothing to do with TT. I told the lady at TT that you and Ady were asking for full service to be restored to my wife phones .She told me you didn't know what you were doing and everything is OK at TT's end. Regards Roger  

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

OK thanks Roger. Ady said it's been added to the list so you shouldn't have much longer to wait. If it's still not working by the end on the week please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi Chris , No nothing has changed to date . It’s been ongoing for 4 months , I’ve been on the phone to Talktalk for a total of 24 hrs and been told every excuse I under the sun . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Regards Roger

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hi Roger,

How are you getting on, has this now been resolved?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Thanks Ady, How long do you expect this to take. I've been promised so much by so many members of talktalk staff I find it hard to get too excited . I was recently told by a Mr Hector Sikobi that nobody soon will be able to access there email on device apps and everybody will have to log into webmail to see their emails, WHAT! . Whilst your kindly trying to deal with our mail problem could you please tell me if I have access to MY Account as whenever I try to log in it informs me that either talk talk doesn't have a password or theres a technical issue and I will need to try again later. Regards Roger 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi DodgyRoger, I've added the email address to the list to be restored to full service.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Thanks , I think I’ve done it correctly this time.🥴🤔

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 20

@DodgyRoger, the Private Notes section is at the end of the Personal Information section in your community profile. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; in Personal Information,  there should be the account holder's details. 

In Private Notes add your wife's email address. SAVE CHANGES. 

I've removed her address from public display in your thread to spare her being targeted by spammers.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

DodgyRoger
Popular Poster
Private Message
Private Message

Message 15 of 20

Her email is : XXXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS     Thanking you in anticipation. Regards Roger

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20

Ok Roger it should work then. Please add the affected email address to the private notes in your community profile and I'll check it for you. 

Ady

0 Likes

DodgyRoger
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 20

Hi Ady, 

Thanks for your reply. 

This is my account thats in question. I have mail plus but not broadband with talk talk. My iPhone 2020 SE works fine , my wife's 

new iPhone 14 used to be OK as an address on my account, she can send mail using the iPhone app. but not receive it on the app. I've checked the settings and was told by TT that when I pay for mail plus my wife's phone will work perfectly within the next 24 hours, it doesn't. I was told that certain services were withheld until I pay., so I did. Since then those services have not been restored fully to her phone.Your help would be appreciated. 

Roger

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Hi DodgyRoger, it's perfectly possible to use TalkTalk mail on an Apple device as long as that device supports the required settings. You'll find those settings in the Email Settings Help Article. If those settings aren't working with your mail app or client its most likely that your mail app doesn't support the modern security settings.

Ady

0 Likes

NewbieHere
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

If you haven’t already, I suggest you call apple customer care 

0800 048 0408 and ask them to talk you through setting up the apple mail app to receive/send mail from your TalkTalk email account.

Good Luck

0 Likes