cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Have lost access to my Address Book and all other apps on the new platform.

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 33 of 33

Since receiving the new platform I have lost access to my Address Book and to all the other sub apps within the platform (ie Calendar, Tasks, Portal). When I click on any of them I get the message, “Failed to start application. Maybe you have connection problems. Please try again.”

I have found no resolution to this.

So much for “TalkTalk Mail is a sleek, modern email platform. It has an incredibly easy-to-use design, and access to additional applications (calendar, reminders, address book, task manager) that help you make blah blah”

JRD
32 REPLIES 32

Message 21 of 33

I saw a reply here, very briefly, with all the details. Did you then delete that post?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 22 of 33

Thanks Gliwmaeden2 !

JRD

Message 23 of 33

If you've replied to a 'no-reply' email address (no-reply@community-notifications.talktalk.co.uk) then that's just the Community Notification email that Ady has replied here in Community. So Ady will not have seen that nor will anyone else.

So, do you think you could provide the requested information as a reply to this topic please. Don't include any personally identifiable information though.

Thanks

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 24 of 33

OK thanks.

I'll add a post with all the details.

JRD

Message 25 of 33

@ZXJohn, if you have simply replied to notification emails, staff won't receive them. These are from a No Reply email address. 

Simple replies should be posted in the thread. Sensitive information should be sent by PM if staff request that or added in Private Notes in your profile details. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 33

Many thanks Gondola. I received an email from Ady in my Inbox and replied to that.  Is that the wrong way of doing it?

JRD
0 Likes

Message 27 of 33

I've asked TalkTalk Support to give you an update for your report.  How did you get the details requested to Ady? We don't see the details in this topic.

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 28 of 33

It's more than a week since I sent all the details requested in order to sort this out and still no reply from the "Support Team" staff member. Is there a problem? Have I failed (again) to respond in the way required by TalkTalk to get my email platform functioning properly?  I still have no access to my Address Book and I cannot create new folders or move emails.

JRD
0 Likes

Message 29 of 33

Hi ZXJohn, it would really help us look into this for you if you could provide your Operating System and version along with you browser and version anything else you feel would be relevant include the full error message. Once you've provided that I'll send it over to the project team for further investigation. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 30 of 33

There's a big blue button to press in my post to access your Community profile.  And I've detailed the steps to take and the information to provide. How could I make it any simpler?

Or you can just wait until TalkTalk Support reply to this topic if you choose to do nothing to prepare. Your choice.  I've escalated the topic into their workflow with a request to attend to you.

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 31 of 33

Thank you, Gondola, for your quick reply.

I appreciate the time and unpaid effort that you put into your Community Star role but I'm sure I'm not the only rather dim customer who takes endless blind alleys even trying to reach this stage of seeking assistance! So could you please explain what you mean by "If you wish to prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts)".

Where do I find something called "the Community Profile"?

And what am I to "include"?

And why do I have to "prepare" for TalkTalk Support when I'm obviously asking for it?!

I'm afraid ordinary users who simply want email from TalkTalk to work just want an ultra simple idiot's guide to how to get into TalkTalk's grotesquely complex system for seeking help.  Your familiarity with the system no doubt makes you unaware of how bafflingly difficult it appears to a newcomer.  Sorry, but that's how it is.

JRD
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 33

I'll ask TalkTalk Support to pick up this topic and to raise a fault ticket for you.

If you wish to prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and the affected mailbox address if different ( say which one needs looking at)

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile