cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Have lost access to my Address Book and all other apps on the new platform.

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 33 of 33

Since receiving the new platform I have lost access to my Address Book and to all the other sub apps within the platform (ie Calendar, Tasks, Portal). When I click on any of them I get the message, “Failed to start application. Maybe you have connection problems. Please try again.”

I have found no resolution to this.

So much for “TalkTalk Mail is a sleek, modern email platform. It has an incredibly easy-to-use design, and access to additional applications (calendar, reminders, address book, task manager) that help you make blah blah”

JRD
32 REPLIES 32

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 1 of 33

Hi Ady.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome  -  a surprisingly quick and easy process.  I've added/changed nothing since the fresh install but I have exactly the same issue.

You'll have to talk me through "all the add ons, settings and other interacting software" since I have no idea what you mean!

JRD
0 Likes

Message 2 of 33

Hi ZXJohn, you can remove and reinstall Chrome. You can't be migrated back to the old platform as when the migration completes the old platform won't exist anymore. If you can let me know all the add ons, settings and other interacting software I may be able to test the setup for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 33

OK Ady.

Normally with an issue like this one might try reinstalling a program as a last resort.  Can I do this with the TalkTalk platform?

Or, as I asked earlier, can I go back to the previously perfectly good and fully functional version?  It really is up to somebody at TalkTalk to solve a problem that originates with TalkTalk's changes imposed upon a customer!

JRD
0 Likes

Message 4 of 33

Hi John, as I can't replicate this issue with Chrome I can't advise on how to fix it.  As you say Chrome works normally for many other customers so its going to be a setting or a conflicting piece of software perhaps. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 33

Strange. I cannot replicate here and the Edge browser uses a Chrome engine so you'd imagine they'd perform similarly.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 33

Thanks for that Gondola but no change. I performed the reset, had an onscreen confirmation of the reset, but the problem with Talk Mail remains.

JRD
0 Likes

Message 7 of 33

I cannot fault Chrome here as it's working with two migrated mailboxes.

Try a Chrome browser Reset. Put the following link is in the address bar and select Reset settings: chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings

This will start you off with standard settings and importantly will switch off all extensions including any that are causing the issue.

0 Likes

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 33

Hi Ady

Re  "can you both confirm that you've tested with another browser too and have seen the same results."

OK - I hadn't; and now that I have, using Edge instead of Chrome, all seems to be working. So thanks for that. 

BUT, I've been using Chrome since for forever and don't wish to change unless it's essential.  Can you suggest a change of settings that would make it work?  There must be thousands of users for whom Chrome DOES work with the latest Talk Mail platform?

Thanks,

John 

JRD
0 Likes

Message 9 of 33

Hi rccatnap 

You're now indicating that you can access your mailbox but it's just the link you have stored on one device that doesn't work.

So, select the sign in button in this post and save that as the new bookmark.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

Let us know that you can now sign in and see all the apps (Mail, Address Book, Calendar, Tasks and Portal) on both the Windows 11 and Windows 10 device.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 33
Dear Ady, thank you for your email.
I have a new Asus Windows 11 laptop and I can get to my emails and address book on that okay.
With my HP G62 Windows 10 (latest current build plus updates) laptop I have to log in to my Webmail after signing in to my Talktalk account, before I can access my emails and address book. Before, I had placed a shortcut on my desktop to access mail, but at the moment I cannot seem to do that.
Over the weekend I tried to register for email+, but Talktalk was doing some work on the site, and did not recognise my account and would not let me add or delete an old account.
I shall try again today.
Regards,
rccatnap
rccatnap Because when I started on ebay, my first sale was an R/C item and my cat was sleeping across my feet
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 33

Hi both, can you both confirm that you've tested with another browser too and have seen the same results.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

Hi member rccatnap if you wish to have your issue investigated then it would help if you followed the advice given to member ZXJohn and provided your device, Operating system and browser details and confirm it is the exact same issue of seeing the error message 'Failed to start application' when selecting Calendar, Address Book, Tasks or Portal.

Hi ZXJohn  I can see that Ady hasn't yet come back with a response from the TalkTalk Mail team so you need to consider the issue as still under investigation. Ady will respond here during next week.

I have two mailboxes out of three already migrated and all apps in the AppSuite are present and working.  I cannot replicate the error message 'Failed to start application' and I'm sure Ady would have said if he'd seen the issue either affecting his mailbox or significant problems reported elsewhere.

0 Likes

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 33

We surely can't be the only ones who are suffering from these problems?

Time was you could have a conversation in real time with a TalkTalk engineer who usually came up with a fix. Talk Talk's service standards have seriously declined. Why should we wait for so long for a solution to a problem that has been imposed upon clients by changes that we didn’t ask for and which have resulted in a serious degradation of the service? And there are plenty of other problems with the new platform. I’m furious!

JRD
0 Likes

rccatnap
First Timer
Private Message
Message 14 of 33

I'm with you, as I have the same problem. It would be interesting to find out the outcome.

rccatnap

rccatnap Because when I started on ebay, my first sale was an R/C item and my cat was sleeping across my feet
0 Likes

Message 15 of 33

OK, that seems to have been successful. Ady will be able to pass that info on to the Mail team for investigation.

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 16 of 33

At last!

JRD
0 Likes

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 33

Hi Ady,

Here are the details requested.

OS               Windows 11 Home 64 bit.

Version      21H2.

OS build    22000.2416.

Browser     Google Chrome.

Version      117.0.593889     [Updated 18th of September but with the same problem as originally reported.]

The problem remains that, although I have e-mail functionality, all the sub apps ( Calendar, Address book, Portal, Tasks) fail to load. All are visible from the three bar drop down menu, but clicking on each one results in the following message:

"Failed to start application. Maybe you have connection problems. Please try again."

It is also impossible to copy or move or add new folders, and impossible to copy or move emails. I was able to freely do these before the update. Is it possible for me to go back to the old version until these issues are fixed?

Regards

ZXJohn

JRD

Message 18 of 33

ZXJohn wrote: I've posted my reply 5 times here this morning and every time it simply vanishes!

I certainly saw the first post, as I mentioned. The Comment Spam filtering is picking up the post because of the email content.

So, just paste the details into Notebook. Omit everything but the Operating System and version along with your browser and version. Then copy and paste that into a Reply here. It ought to be accepted as plain text from Notebook.

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 33

I've posted my reply 5 times here this morning and every time it simply vanishes!

Each time I've done it by cutting and pasting the text from my original email reply to Ady into the same Post box that I'm typing into now.

What's the problem?!

JRD
0 Likes

ZXJohn
Team Player
Private Message
Message 20 of 33

Haven't deleted a post consciously!

Will post it again!

JRD