cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

How do talktalk explain that email I've marked 'SPAM' more than 10 times still keeps getting through

trevorrg22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Please can TalkTalk explain how your spam filtering works - or should I say DOESN'T

It seems totally useless and a waste of time marking email as Spam only to find that the next time the sender (spammer) sends it just gets through again.  I believe what TalkTalk need to provide is a method to block ALL mail from a specific domain (in this case 'impactguru.com')

I should point out that GMAIL has NO problem at all in blocking these (ie when it collects my email from talktalk it doesn't forward me this crap )

This is the email.

spam emailspam email

If TalkTalk aren't capable of filtering out Spam, even when 'mark as spam' is used, then I'm going to seriously consider changing my provider when I'm out of contract.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Thanks, Ady.
Gmail seems to filter out the rubbish/scam/spam without any effort on my part so I just get that to collect from my talktalk account.
I'm actually making that my main email address and will delete my old account at some point.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi trevorrg22, have you set up a filter to send it to deleted or spam then it won't bother you anymore? Once its reported as spam by enough customers it will block. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.