cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

I need my inbox purging

Bashymerlin
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi, i need someone from talktalk to purge my inbox, its taking far too long to delete 390,000+ email

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Hi @Bashymerlin 

Have you deleted all Inbox messages as you requested?

I appreciate your time to let me know so this topic can be closed. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

You can empty the Inbox folder in a few clicks.

Sign in to webmail, select the Inbox folder so it's highlighted in blue and then the 'Actions for Inbox' triple dots (ellipsis) after the folder name and then from the Actions for Inbox menu select Delete all messages and confirm Empty folder.

Those deleted message will be moved to the Trash folder. Select the Trash folder and the 'Actions for Trash' triple dots (ellipsis) after the folder name and then from the Actions for Trash menu select Delete all messages and confirm Empty folder.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I would have thought that is down to you to do. How would TalkTalk even know which emails that you want to be deleted, if they had access to do this?

Try deleting them at a rate of 50 or 100 at a time. Often doing it in smaller chunks will be much quicker & your email app or Webmail won't stop responding like that.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes