cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Incoming Emails now vanish completely when I close them.

Vanish1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Since the 'look' of my Email Inbox was recently changed I am having a serious problem when reading my incoming emails.  If I open one of the new emails, whether I reply to it or not, when I close the email in the normal way - no matter how careful I am - the email vanishes completely.  It is simply missing from the Inbox listing.  It is also nowhere else to be found.  Not under any of the other headings, not under My Folders, etc, and not in the Recycle Bin. 

This is a nightmare for me.  Some of the missing emails have legal information, some have contract details, others have price quotations and some have the detailed background of bookings, disputes, claims, all things that I desperately need further access to.

I haven't changed anything, nor did I make the Inbox change its look, or want to.

What is causing this disaster and how can it be stopped, please?  This is desperate.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi @Vanish1 

TalkTalk Mail has a View / Sort option to display Unread emails at the head of a list view for a folder. It's possible that this has been left selected so I'd recommend selecting the More message options, triple dots (ellipsis) icon above the List of mail messages to check how the messages are displayed. If the Unread option has been selected then change this to Sort by Date in Descending order and then the most recently received mail in the Inbox will be shown.  

Sort by Unread messagesSort by Unread messages

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution