cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Keep having to reset my Webmail password which is on lineone

dusterman
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Over a number of weeks I am having to reset my Webmail password every few days on my main account which is on lineone, saving grace is that I have a TalkTalk email address as well. I am not with TalkTalk as I have Sky but pay a yearly retainer for mail plus to allow continued use of these email accounts.

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Ady

Hi there

The setting for the Lineone and Talktalk emails addresses are the same, the only difference is in the user name, either  xxxxxxxxxx@lineone.net  or  xxxxxxxxxx@talktalk.net.

I did get a incorrect password message yesterday, instead of a reset I checked the stored password in Firefox and found it was incorrect so just put the latest password in and all was OK. But prior to the reset I opened Thunderbird and that came up with an login error. After the correct password was put into Firefox Thunderbird was fine again. Next check will be Gmail on my mobile. My guess is an update at my end or yours based on the time I have had the Lineone email address without problem.

Best regards

Message 2 of 5

Just to be clear, if you login to webmail the lineone password still needs resetting no matter which browser you use? You're using the same mail client settings for the lineone address as for the talktalk.net address?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi there

I am using latest version of Firefox 90% of the time in Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS, but also have it in Windows 11 as my computer is dual boot. My mobile has the normal Gmail on it. I will comment that my Talktalk email address is fine so far, it's strange that I have had the Lineone email address since it was first brought out and not had any problems with it.

Best regards 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi dusterman, as long as the email address is compliant you shouldn't have to keep reentering it. Which browser are you using? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes