cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Lineone Emails On Kindle

benarty
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

My emails have worked fine until today and I can now no longer send emails from my Kindle.

Server settingsServer settingsWarningWarning

The fist image is my settings  which I have not changed and the second is the error message I am getting.  Can  anyone help?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Good to know. Thanks for the update.

BlueMail and TypeApp do set up automatically and correctly for talktalk.net email accounts. I feel it would be worth a double check that the Incoming/Outgoing server settings are correct for other domains.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

benarty
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Back up and running with Bluemail and all is well. It automatically found the server settings so I have not messed with them.

Many thanks for all your help. 

Message 3 of 10

I don't have a Kindle device to test with. But on a conventional Android device I'd usually try BlueMail or TypeApp.

benarty
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Yes, I was already thinking of doing that and starting again.

I am using the standard email app that came bundled with the Kindle, which is less than year old. Is it worth changing the email app at the same time? Is there one that you would recommend?  

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

OK, I suggest removing the Lineone email account from the Kindle mail app. Power down to make sure the removal is complete. Power on and set up the email account afresh.

The incoming mail server is mail.talktalk.net on port 993 and SSL security.

The outgoing mail server is smtp.talktalk.net on port 587 and SSL security. Sign in with User name and password authentication.

0 Likes

benarty
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Just tried that and makes no difference, exactly the same set of conditions.  

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Somewhat unexpected set of conditions. What happens if you untick Use same credentials... and enter the lineone email address as User name and enter the lineone password?  That will give Username and password authentication to the outgoing SMTP.talktalk.net server.

Port 465 does not work for TalkTalk Mail. It's only port 587.

0 Likes

benarty
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Many thanks for the quick reply.

When I change to smtp.talktalk.net port 587 is selected, but the SSL is not ticked. When I click done, I get the security certificate warning. If I then selected OK "trust it anyway" it just keeps coming up  again.

When I change the server and select the SSL it changes the port to 465 and brings up another tick box "accept all SSL certificates" whether or not I  tick that box I get the "unable to connect to server" message. When I manually change the port to 587 I get the security warning which just keep popping up again when I select OK "trust it anyway" 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

You're not using the correct SMTP outgoing server.  Should be smtp.talktalk.net and Use secure connection (SSL) would  normally be ticked with port 587. If you do get the certificate error and the mail server is definitely smtp.talktalk.net then you can trust that server so accept the certificate.

0 Likes