cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails not syncing on Android

lvgooner
Participant
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

My emails stopped syncing to my Android phone just after midnight.  I have checked the server settings as per latest posts and they are correct.  The message I am getting is "unable to connect to email server to verify your account information. No response from server."    Please help as this has taken months to sort.  I am assuming it is to do with the new migrations, so I have checked all the settings on my phone are up to date.  

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

So if your mailbox was added to an active customer MyAccount and if it's been limited to webmail only access then that means one connection or another to the mailbox has been made using insecure settings. Have you identified which devices connect to the mailbox?

If your mailbox has been migrated to the new mail platform then you can go to the Active clients section to force the sign out of individual clients and if any are unrecognised then change your password to secure the mailbox against unauthorised sign ins.Sign out active clients

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 11

Hi Gondola,  When I became a Fibre customer in Feb this year, Talktalk opened a new account, but my webmail was still linked to my old account number,  after hours of live chat/phone calls over a couple of months, I came onto the community with the issue and you guys managed to sort it for me to which I am eternally grateful.  But it seems that this may have happened again if it is't part of the glitch 😞 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Just popping in to say that the settings for the Samsung S10 are perfect. In addition there should be Require authentication to send emails switched on.

Your mailbox may well be limited to webmail only access if the mailbox has not been added to an active customer MyAccount or if the S10 or other devices have been connecting to the mailbox recently but using insecure settings.

So whilst your Samsung Galaxy S10 is set up correctly - are there any other devices or mail collection services that you or other authorised users use to connect to your mailbox?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 4 of 11

Hi Ady, it is the Samsung Email app downloaded onto a Samsung S10+.  The version is 6.1.82.0.   I had a similar issue earlier in the year which turned out to be an issue where my account had been limited.  I'm hoping this is not the same issue again?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi Ivgooner, those are the correct settings. What mail client and version are you using?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Ady, I am still getting the message "unable to connect to email server to verify your account information.  No response from server".  

I am still using the following settings; IMAP Server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL 

Port 993

Outgoing SMTP server; smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Please advise if this is correct?  

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi Ivgooner, are you still having problems? You're using all the correct settings?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

lvgooner
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for the reply Chris, is there any update as it is still not working? 

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi lvgooner,

Can you please retest and let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi lvgooner,

An incident has been raised for this and is currently under investigation, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes