cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Lineone password not recognised

tank49
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

I have a l lineone email address though TalkTalk but all of a sudden I am unable to send or receive emails. As far as I can tell I have not been hacked and nothing else has been compromised. Whenever I type in my lineone email password it says 'incorrect password'. Is there some way of getting some sort of temporary password link so that I can access my lineone.net email account and update to a permanent password? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Okey dokey! I feel it'll be worth adding a mobile number as well to the Reset details for an additional option for password recovery.

Assuming your mailbox is migrated to the new look mail platform then sign in to webmail and go via the user avatar top right to see the menu item 'Update your reset details' and then add the mobile number.

But great to know you're back in control.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

tank49
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Hi Gondola. Further to my recent postI have discovered that my old tiscali email account is still active. I have now followed your instructions and am now able to access my lineone emails. 

Thank you very much for your help.

Message 3 of 6

Spot on but don't worry as I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread during the week and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address. Also requested will be the alternate email address and mobile number for password recovery Reset details.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

In the case of a compromised mailbox I'd always suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

Use the new password to access via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or (filter) Rule diverting your mail messages. Hackers set up or modify Filter rules to spy on your emails.

Let us know if you need more guidance.

0 Likes

tank49
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

My lineone email address is still active on the TalkTalk platform but unfortunately the recovery options I set up in advance are my lineone email address, which of cause I can't access, and an old tiscali email address which is no longer active. My own fault - a clear illustration of the importance of keeping recovery information up to date. 

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If the lineone email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Let us know what happens.

0 Likes