cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

MailPlus

lorac49
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

hello

I changed from TalkTalk broadband but kept my webmail address for years however since the recent upgrade to MailPlus I am required to pay to access my legacy email.  Since I do not know of any other email providers that charge even for legacy email when you change providers, I wish to close my Talk Talk email account.  The problem is all my accounts were set up using this email address.  I have managed to change most of them to a new address but for existing bookings Easyjet will only send to the address used to make the booking.  As I have a booking for December I do not want to risk missing any emails from them.  I do have the Easyjet app on my phone but am not sure if I will get information through that.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could solve this dilemma please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

There is an Auto forward function in the TalkTalk Mail webmail settings. However, there are two things you need to know.

1. Auto forwarding is no guarantee that a recipient email service will accept all forwarded mail messages.
  2. Auto forwarding will be disabled when the email account is limited to webmail only access.

The best advice is therefore to sign in to webmail to view your mail messages up to the point that the mailbox gets deleted.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

lorac49
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

thanks for all your responses.  I note in the Ofcom article it said you can set up forwarding to your new email account, so you can still receive emails sent to your old email address.  Can anyone advise how to do this please?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

The moral of this story, if not learned previously, is get an email address that is independent of any ISP. Most don't even offer them any more. I am always astonished at the dogged insistence of TalkTalk to continue supporting the myriad address domains that they inherited when they were busily gobbling up minnows in their early days and pumping money into maintaining and even improving these services. To no avail it would seem judging by the constant outcries on the subject from users.  😕

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

@lorac49, Talktalk is not the only provider that charges for continued use of an email address after you leave. BT's got three tiers of email provision and it's quite complicated. Having moved to Talktalk long ago, I suddenly found in more recent years that my old BT -based talk21.com address (supposedly "for life") would be charged (or lost). It's quite a complex area and you'd need to be aware of the possibility of this happening with any company as they can change their policy any time.

This article barely scratches the surface of the topic, but it shows it's something that is being watched by Ofcom as the nuisance level of not being able to keep an email address (or being deterred from switching  because of the charge) is getting in the way of people being able to switch providers and not have to worry:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2021/why-broadband-providers-charge-for-email

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

If you are subscribing to MailPlus and call TalkTalk to cancel your MailPlus subscription then you'll get webmail access to your TalkTalk mail mailbox for 2 years before the mailbox is deleted. See below on cancelling MailPlus. If you're not a current MailPlus subscriber then your mailbox is liable to being limited to webmail only access and subsequent deletion. You'll get an email notification from TalkTalk before deletion happens. 

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Keep paying for TalkTalk mail as long as you need it and then don't use it again. Or contact Easyjet and see if they are prepared to change their rules. 

0 Likes