cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Old homecall email

Joblackmore1234
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hello,

I have/had an old #homecall.pipex.com email account years ago which I no longer use and have no idea what a password for it might have been or how to access it now. Unfortunately I would like to gain access to it to retrieve an email that has been sent there by mistake. Can anyone advise about how I can do this?

Many thanks

Jo

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Don't forget to update your Community profile with your homecall email address as doing so will save a bit of time when TalkTalk respond to this topic.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

OK, that's good and thanks for clarifying about your first post.

Deliverable means the mailbox does still exist.

A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered homecall email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support.

Select here: Update your profile

Scroll down to Private notes to add the homecall email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address. Also requested will be the alternate email address and mobile number for password recovery Reset details.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. When that's done, check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

Joblackmore1234
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hello my post was legitimate I just searched to see if anyone else had the same issue initially and came across the other post. Sorry I haven’t responded sooner as I’ve just found the messages in the junk file whilst searching for something else. 

I’ve just tried verifalia and it’s come back with this response…

Deliverable
Status
Valid email, with no high-risk factors detected: safe to send mail.
Status code
Success

thanks 
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Have you discovered that the homecall email address no longer exists or is there another reason for staying signed out of Community for a week? I appreciate your time to let us know. We see you copied the post almost word for word from another user so we'd like to know if you genuinely needed help or if this topic can be closed off, Thank you.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Jo, first thing to do is check if the mailbox is still live. I use the verifalia site to check. If it is post back and I'll have to check security information with you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes