cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Moving to an "altnet" - how do I keep my tiscali.co.uk address?

whodoyouthinkiam
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

I Googled this question - and there are results in this forum, but they are "archived". Not sure why helpful answers are not kept.

Anyway, I'm moving to an "altnet" fibre - not an OpenReach based one (I think this may be an important detail, because such an install doesn't count as a change of service but an entirely new one).

My understanding is I can keep my tiscali.co.uk email by signing up for a TalkTalk Mail Plus account for £5/month?

What I'm not sure is when to do that? Can I do that right now without affecting my TalkTalk broadband? Or do I have to wait until, or at, cancellation time?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Yes, you'll have plenty of time to decide about your tiscali email account after you leave TalkTalk.

For now, just sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail and via the user icon top right select the menu item Update your reset details to double check you do have the correct password recovery options saved with your alternate email address and mobile number. 

LightSpeed Broadband have amazingly good price offers. 12 months at half price is great. TalkTalk's Altnet partners are CityFibre, Freedom Fibre in the north and Community Fibre in London and south.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 7

Yes, spot on, you can subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus when you leave TalkTalk and the customer MyAccount is inactive. When you leave you would normally receive an invitation from TalkTalk with the offer to retain full access for your mailboxes via a TalkTalk MailPlus subscription.

So there's some grace period between the TalkTalk broadband contract ending, and needing to sign up for Mail Plus? I guess that's the bit I couldn't find in the documentation. If that's the case, then I'm not so stressed about it!

Message 3 of 7

Sorry to split the posts - moving ISP as well. I didn't know TalkTalk used altnets - but I guess it makes sense they would.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

On the question of why currently good Best Answers / Solutions are not always retained, that's a very good question.

The TalkTalk management team that look after Community do archive topics from time to time to keep the performance optimised. There was a recent archiving session of all topics more than 12 months old. The TalkTalk management should, in my opinion, retain all Best Answers / Solutions and review these separately rather than have them all archived en masse based on age.

The TalkTalk management team do retain the right to select and deselect Best Answers / Solutions at any time so this feature ought to be actively managed so that all current and good Best Answers / Solutions are found by a search of Community.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi @whodoyouthinkiam 

Yes, spot on, you can subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus when you leave TalkTalk and the customer MyAccount is inactive. When you leave you would normally receive an invitation from TalkTalk with the offer to retain full access for your mailboxes via a TalkTalk MailPlus subscription.

When you go to subscribe the system will check the eligibility of a mailbox after you enter its email address and password. You'll not be permitted to subscribe if the customer MyAccount that is linked to the email address is still active.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Just because you are moving to an altnet, TalkTalk is still your ISP (unless this is all part of moving to a new ISP) and therefore nothing else will change.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes