cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

New Email not working

maryfbamber
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Hi all,

I don't have a Talk Talk email so I'm trying to set one up.

I have actually create two.

On setting them up I copied my new email address & password into Notepad to make sure they are correct.

When I try to access them via web mail I get "The password is incorrect"

I know the password is correct as I've typed it into the box and also copy and past it?

If I got to mailbox settings I can reset my password, so my old password must be (was) correct.

Do I have to wait some duration after setting up my new email address's to sync or something?

Also if I try to email my new email box I get the following reply: -

Recipient: NOTMYEMAIL@talktalk.net
    Reason:    5.1.1 uW21pm949I82I Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

I've asked the email admin who spotted the issue to check again I was told it was being fixed. I may have rushed in telling you it was fixed. I'll let you know when I hear back from the admin.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

I now can't log into these Email accounts,

So I tried to change password and it now wont allow me.

I know my passwords are correct, as I tool screen grabs of them.

I cant click forget my password as it wants to sent it to my Talk Talk email I can't access.

I give up now, spent weeks on this, I'm just goint use Google or Outlook, this is a joke!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Ok thanks. Try logging into both accounts again you may need a password reset first. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Yes I do,

Had my broadband & phone with Talk Talk for years

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Do you have a talktalk broadband account?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Ady,

I'm using talk talk web mail. So no setting required.

Looks like i have the same issue as Seasaw.  Multiple other customers are having the same issue?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Both email addresses are showing as fully functional. Are you definitely using all the settings from the Email Settings Help Article?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

OK thanks for this, done that

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Ok please add the affected emails to the private notes section of your community profile and I'll check they're not limited due to incorrect mail settings.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Yes I do please

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Andy,

Yes they do, I can / Modifiy & even create new Email accounts

And I can even reset the password.

If I reset the password & make note of the password I still can' access my Email account.

The password must be correct what I'm entering into web mail, as I can go to my account and reset the Email password with the same password & it allows my to do this.

Looks like you have authentication issues when creating email that's not syncing with the web mail as multiple customers are reporting this same issue on this forum?

Message 12 of 17

Hi maryfbamber, do these 2 email addresses show in your MyAccount? Is your account TalkTalk Mail Plus or a full broadband account?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Many thanks for your help here.

Yes I've also tried typing the creds into the field just case but no joy.

2 other customers have the same issue, so it must be something worng at Talk Talks end.

Thanks again for your time & input

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Yes I do please.

I also see there are two other customer with exactly the same issue as myself.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Hi @maryfbamber I'm sure you have checked this but trailing and leading spaces are a common addition when cutting and pasting.....

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.