cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TalkTalk is blocking my friends gmail messages to me

walkonwater
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

The messages are sent to my TalkTalk email address but they do not arrive, there is no error message received by the sender. How can this be resolved, so that the messages get through?

The sender how no trouble with messages sent to other email addresses, it is just TalkTalk

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

If I hear back from the team I will post the response. Thanks for posting to let us know its working again.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

walkonwater
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

Ady,

Thankyou for the information.

I have checked with my friend this morning and, he has emailed my TalkTalk email address, and his emails do now seem to be getting through. Hopefully this is a sign that the block has been removed. 

My friend has also checked his inbox, spam and deleted items folders and confirms that he is not getting any unknown bounce-back messages, which you would normally expect to see if his Gmail address was being spoofed to be used for sending unauthorised mass spam messages.

My friend confirms has has a strong password on his account, including 13 characters, with a mixture of lowercase, uppercase, numbers and symbols. We have agreed as a precaution he will change this again, just to make sure there is no unauthorised access.

If I had to speculate, I know that my friend does voluntary work as a club secretary for an amateur vintage motor club, which involves sending "circular" emails to fellow members from time to time, which he does by using of the usual blind copy list to maintain individual member privacy (in accordance with GDPR). The blind copy list is generally in the order of 100 verified personal email addresses, so I wonder if this is what the TalkTalk spam filters might be picking up on? If this is the case I and he, would be grateful if the filter can be "trained" to accept that his messages in this format are not spam.  

I note that although the intermittent block is not a particular problem to me for his normal messages between us, because I have alternate email addresses that we can use, he has other email recipients who seem only to with to use TalkTalk email addresses (exclusively), and this causes significant distress when messages are blocked. Anything that you can suggest to mitigate future problems with false spam tagging would be appreciated, other than the obvious, which is to beg his other recipients to change away from using TalkTalk email, if they want to stay in contact!

Many thanks, again, for your help in this matter.

Message 3 of 11

It appears to be one of Gmails IP addresses that's blocked maybe another user has been spamming from that address.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Thank you for doing the research, I would appreciate it if the block could be removed. TalkTalk seem to be the only service that is treating his emails in this way.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Thanks for that, I can see the blocking taking place. It's marked as Spam. I've asked the admin team to review it. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

I have added the email address to my account private note, and will await your findings.

Many Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Please add the senders email address in private notes and I'll run a check on it for you. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Yes, it is still happening. Been going on for about a week. It is not just my talktalk account, but others he is trying to email are in a similar situation.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

Hi walkonwater, is this still happening?

Ady

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

I've just run a test from my own gmail address to my Talktalk address and it arrived promptly, @walkonwater, so this seems to be a problem associated with specific accounts, not across the board with Gmail:Talktalk communication. 

Staff will be back on here after the weekend to look into this for you. No staff support on Saturday/Sunday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.