cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

phishing

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi all, I have 2 email addresses the first one went out of use when it was unindated with spam, I get less spam now so I give it out to anyone I am not sure about (both companies & people), the newer one made when the first one started getting bogged down I only give to rusted companies (Banks, water supply etc) and family, no one has both email addresses.

This morning I received my first phishing emails one to either address, the senders name is different but the text is identical. 

I have reported both as phishing. 

Strange.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

I'll bet that they got your address from a contact's address book.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Hi Ady, the old email address has, but not the newer one?

LUDDITE 

0 Likes

LUDDITE
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi Ady, never heard of it but will have a look, I have checked that I have nothing on my Pc as routine, so that will be the next thing I will do. 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

LUDDITE

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi LUDDITE, have you checked them both in HaveIbeenPwned to see if they're out there being passed around? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.