cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

New Microsoft Outlook

AshWilJon
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I am struggling to transfer my talktalk.net account to the new Microsoft Outlook app - while I can log-in to microsoft using it, for some reason Outlook says it is not a valid email address.

Has anyone managed to transfer across?  Am I missing something?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

No body forces you to use Outlook for Windows. You can choose to use Thunderbird or even better BlueMail Desktop in my opinion. But that's just personal choice. If the OP wants to use Outlook for Windows then, as I've said, double and triple check the setup and it'll work.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

I totally agree @gmlack 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Agreed. It is pretty awful - I can't even configure it, as it keeps resetting the configuration settigns any time I change SSL to StartTLS (including resetting that option...)

Much better to use Thunderbird, which will have all of the options you want or need.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

OK, it does now work, but no unified inbox and it is full of ads unless you want to pay to go ad free.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

Hi @AshWilJon 

I have 3 talktalk mail accounts all synced via IMAP on the new Outlook for Windows app.

On thing I noted when setting up the accounts is that advanced settings are usually needed to input the recommended TalkTalk incoming (IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) server settings. During that process the new Outlook for Windows cleared / changed some previously entered settings so the advanced settings needed double and triple checking to ensure all were totally correct before the account was successfully set up.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

According to Microsoft it supports IMAP.

From https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/start-using-new-outlook-for-windows-4395454d-cb2f-4c16-bb...

Tip: Most accounts are supported in new Outlook. This includes Microsoft accounts such as an Outlook.com or Hotmail.com account, work or school accounts assigned to you by your organization’s admin, third-party accounts such as Gmail, Yahoo!, iCloud, and other third-party accounts connecting through IMAP.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Is this the new Outlook for Windows that is replacing Windows Mail? If so, then it does not yet support IMAP email accounts.

Keith

0 Likes