cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

New Outlook 2024

Brianpercy
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi there

Windows 11 appears to want me to use their new Outlook Mail Client. I was quite happy with Windows Mail! It will not take my Onetel email credentials, which is the mailbox I use most, and seems to want an SMTP password. I tried my normal password, bu it did not work. Any ideas how to get Onetel mail on the new Outlook. I may have to use webmail!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Brianpercy
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 6

I've just forwarded the above info to Javea (Newbie), who emailed me, as I can't find a copy of the email on the Community website!

I've found it now! Drrrrrrr!

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I was always confident that you'd set up Outlook for Windows on IMAP. Just as I explained, you'd double and triple check the entered settings and it'll work perfectly.

Well done, Brian.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Brianpercy
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Well I tried again with my Talktalk email address, and found most of the data in there, just passwords to add, and that worked, so I had another go as I could then enter the data with your email by the side, and I have now got the onetel.com email box working.

Thank you for your help. I think the boxes blanked themselves while I was filling in others. It seems you fillin the top, go to the bottom and fill that in, then back to the top as it has defaulted to the original! All these things are sent to try us.

Thanks

Brianpercy

Brianpercy
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Hi

Thanks for this information. I tried it several times without success. It asks for an SMTP username and password, so I used the same password, and what I think is my username.

It came back with Fail, and a feedback form, which I submitted. It came back with a notice that IMAP will be introduced in the future, so I have reverted to old Windows Mail, until they withdraw it!

Thanks again

Brianpercy

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

I can help you with setting up Outlook for Windows AKA "New Outlook".

The incoming and outgoing server settings are best set up via Advanced settings and do require double and triple checking because Outlook for Windows does clear some settings that you may have already entered so enter all the required settings and go back and review before finishing the setup.

Here's the IMAP configuration and SMTP configuration you need for your onetel.com email address. The email password is the same for the incoming server and the outgoing SMTP server. NB the password must meet minimum security requirements, at least 8 characters (I recommend 12 - 15) multicase letters and at least one number and one symbol.

IMAP configuration

Hostname mail.talktalk.net

Port 993

Secure connection type SSL / TLS (recommended)

SMTP configuration

Hostname smtp.talktalk.net

Port 587

Secure connection type StartTLS

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution