cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

No password recovery

stevedean
Team Player
Private Message
Private Message

Message 6 of 6

Do you have a onetel email address? I am getting same problem, but can’t access webmail because my password seems to have been reset.

Steve
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi stevedean, I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

I can see that this topic was in the TalkTalk workflow on 27th February but that nobody from TalkTalk has picked it up yet so I've pushed an escalation in to their workflow with the hope that it'll be picked up asap next week.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 6

I have done this, but no one has replied yet to reset my password and send the reset password link to the gmail email address I have added to my profile, as you asked me to. Can someone please do this? Thanks Steve

Steve

stevedean
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

I have accessed my onetel email address for over 20 years. Talktalk took over and life continued, with a few changes, but seemed to be working.

talktalk asking me for a password to access on iPhone or iPad, and password I use doesn’t work on webmail. 
if I try a password reset, the link to change can only be sent to the email address that I can’t access. This is truly a technical viscous circle!

any idea? 

Steve
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

First, please remove your email address from your Community Bio.

Next, you'd have been able to use self-help password recovery if you'd set up Reset details in advance.

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox. Check via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in that you can access the mailbox.

For a compromised mailbox I'd always suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.
Use the new password to access via the  TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

• Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If you see There is no rule defined then you need go no further.
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red   
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know if you need more guidance.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes