cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

updating email settings within Outlook 2010/samsung mobile phone

denzilb
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I am trying to update my email settings as suggested by the email from Talk Talk customer services.

However when I reach the point of entering the outgoing mail server settings, the security options are 'ssl', or 'tls', and not 'starttls'.

So when I test the account settings on Outlook the test message fails to send.

Is there a workaround for this?

Similarly in my mail client on Samsung, It wouldn't allow me to send messages, because starttls is not an option.  So if I set to tls it insists that I have to turn on 'require authentication' to send emails. 

Does this mean that I can't use this mail app in Samsung?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi denzilb, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

As discussed by PM, I'll push a request into the TalkTalk workflow on the basis of self certification that you have got secure settings in place or ready to go on all connecting devices and mail collection services.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Thanks Gondola.

OK I have stopped using Outlook 2010 on my pc as the mail client.  And have removed my email accounts from Outlook 2010.

Now my only accounts on mail clients on my phone (gmail/samsung email) are using the correct secure settings.

Today my username and password credentials  for my @dsl.pipex.com addresses are no longer being recognised, so I am going to put the details of my email address into my private notes.

Please can support@talktalk reset my email so that I can start sending and receiving again via my secure mail clients.

Thanks for your support

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi denzilb 

Please cease to use Outlook 2010. It is a deprecated insecure and vulnerable product that hasn't had security updates applied by Microsoft for some time.  It does not support StartTLS that is required for TalkTalk Mail. Please do not try and use it online because that will risk the TalkTalk Mail system removing device access.

The Samsung phone is good.

To clarify, the Samsung email app server settings are:

IMAP Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 993

SMTP Outgoing server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Require authentication to send emails: ON

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution