cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Receiving email on iPhone & Mac

cnps98
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Since 17/2/23 I've been unable to receive emails to my @talktalk.net account via any email client (I usually use iPhone mail or Mac mail), although I can access email via the TalkTalk webmail app. I get the message "Cannot get mail: No password provided for "TalkTalk"". It's exactly the same as this previous post Password not recognised & I've attempted all the steps provided by Gondola. I have two @talktalk.net email accounts & the other one works fine on all the same devices, so I've concluded it's not my devices at fault. The previous post was resolved through a 'fault ticket'. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi cnps98, are you still having problems with your mailboxes?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

cnps98
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Thank you.

Could you chase up the restoration, as I still can't login other than through webmail?

Many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Just to say that the 3 devices are all capable of secure mail.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

cnps98
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

Thank you. Once my mailbox has been restored should I be able to access my TalkTalk emails on the 3 devices/OS listed or are any of them obsolete?

Message 5 of 8

Hi cnps98, I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be restored to full function.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

cnps98
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Thank you. In answer to your questions:

What model iPhone is it and what's the iOS operating system? iPhone 6s iOS 15.7.3

What model Mac is it and what's the MacOS operating system?MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014) MacOS 10.14.6 (18G9323)

Are there any other mail collection services in use? iPad Mini 2 iOS 12.5.7.  I wonder if this could be the culprit, although it does allow the necessary settings & my other TalkTalk email account still works when I add it. I have previously accessed my TalkTalk email via other email clients like Thunderbird on Windows systems, but haven't used these for at least a year) - could this be causing a problem?

Thanks again

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Good to know that webmail is working. Use webmail this weekend to keep in touch.

What model iPhone is it and what's the iOS operating system?

What model Mac is it and what's the MacOS operating system?

Are there any other mail collection services in use? Any other devices and email softwares? Desktop, laptop, notebook, tablet, other phone?

TalkTalk will have notified about the continued use of insecure settings and will have removed IMAP/POP3 access from the mailbox as a last resort action to protect your security.

I'll request access is restored so you'll be back in action with secure settings on the iPhone and MAC next week. So long as both are capable of secure settings. Guides given below to Check settings in due course. NB the devices will not authenticate the password until TalkTalk Support do restore full access. A Support team member will reply here to let you know that restoration is authorised.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Mac PC using Mac Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution