cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Not receiving emails from Virgin Media (NTLWORLD.COM) user who gets TT992 errors

Alan_R47
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi, since 30/12/23 a friend has been unable to send to TalkTalk email addresses, including myself.

He gets a "Delivery Error" with "Content rejected (TT992)". Any ideas please?  Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

I believe the hard spam block on ntlworld.com has been relaxed. Thanks for the confirmation that your contact is now able to get mail delivered to you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Alan_R47
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Hi, sorry for late update but yesterday at 15.45 I received an email from my ntlworld.com friend - so it seems that his problem has gone away.  Many thanks to whoever fixed the problem.

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

We're aware that mail inbound from Virginmedia.com, hotmail.com and outlook.com that was being rejected with a spam protection TT992 rejection, is now resolved.

TalkTalk Mail users report that mail from these domains is being received. We are however aware that ntlworld.com may still be subject to the same spam protection TT992 rejection and have asked that this be investigated.

The usual reason is, of course, that spammers have got hold of ntlworld.com mailboxes or be spoofing ntlworld.com addresses and targeting TalkTalk users with a lot of unwanted mail.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Freddy1821
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

I have had a report of the same experience from an ntlworld.com user today, and over the last few days reports of the same experience from hotmail senders. I am also aware of intermittent problems reported by a sender from an Australian domain (optusnet.com.au).

Other talktalk users have posted the same problem. Like them I have made no changes at my end to block messages from any of these senders or from any domain.

0 Likes