cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali emails not being received for some senders, started happening a couple of days ago

gj312
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 26

Friend contacted me yesterday saying trying to send me an email but was rejected and message returned re postmaster etc. I am receiving some emails but others are being rejected depending the senders email typoe

25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

I appreciate your time to let us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

BeeKeeper56
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 26

Hello again

To bring things up to date - as of this morning I have started receiving emails again from @sainsburys.co.uk and @National-lottery.co.uk

BeeKeeper56
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 26

Hello Ady and Gondola.

I've spoken with Sainsbury's customer service as suggested. They have taken the details and will pass to the tech team. They have advised that it could take up to 72 hours, due to a high volume of technical issue calls.

So, may or may not fix it.

Nothing received from National Lottery @National-lottery.co.uk

Message 4 of 26

Hi, I've  been asked to check if your mail is working normally. I've been told that we're seeing mail from the rejected senders coming through as expected now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 26

The issue with Sainsburys for order emails is that these are sent by Sendgrid an email service that operates a Suppression list. If Sendgrid cannot get emails to you after retrying then your email address goes onto a Suppression list and no more emails are sent. You need to get in touch with Sainsburys customer service team and ask then to ask the email admins to remove your email address from the suppression list. Then you'll get their order emails once more.

Let us know what you find out from Sainsburys.

BeeKeeper56
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 26

Have just done a test after problems since Friday. Can now receive messages from @hotmail.co.uk, but still not from service@sainsburys.co.uk or player@national-lottery.co.uk .

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

I've made the email and incidents team aware of the issue with us blocking hotmail and Outlook. Hopefully, they'll put a quick fix in. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

As you'll have read in this topic, Hotmail is being rejected by the spam protection processes. Not necessarily spam from your contact(s) but a reason to block mail from Microsoft for spam protection reasons. This has been reported.

StressedIT
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 26

Carnt receive emails to my tiscali address from hotmail email address. Spent 2.5 hours on Saturday communicating with tt chat service. Utterly useless. Spoke to me in IT terms that I didn't have a clue about and gave 6 point super complex tasks that were unachievable. Come on TALKTALK, SORT THIS ASAP

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

As for the original topic owner gj312 did you see my reply re VirginMedia or is it lost in the flood of other users not contributing to your initial questions?

Message 11 of 26

@Sweetsspb, please start your own thread.

Even if you are getting the same error message, it may not be part of the same issue.

Please return to the message board and click on Start a Topic .

Also complete your community forum profile details. Add your Talktalk landline number or account number to your Personal Information in your profile area. SAVE CHANGES.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

First time recently that we've heard of any issues with an 'Apple email address' - What domain is it exactly? Presumably a personal iCloud email address?

0 Likes

Sweetsspb
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 26

I've got the same issue, tried sending one to myself from an apple email address and received the same rejection message - TT992

0 Likes

Sweetsspb
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 26

I've got the same issue, tried sending one to myself from an apple email address and received the same rejection message - TT992

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi again @gj312 

Just had a look at the Virgin Media Community and there is a user there JMD1 saying that they had a recent bounceback from TalkTalk indicating they had the wrong email address. So if this is your friend they need to check your email address is correctly entered when trying to send you their email.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

@NeilM, it's not likely to be the same issue.

This one primarily affects hotmail  / outlook senders being blocked by Talktalk. 

Please open a new topic.

I've just done a test from Gmail to Talktalk and it worked fine. Your incident is possibly not related, though gives the same error message. 

The hotmail  / outlook fiasco appears to be affecting everyone. 

0 Likes

NeilM
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 26

Hi Gondola,

Can I please ask to be included in this thread, as I seem to have got the same problem, I have just been notified (by a WhatsApp message) that emails being sent to me (as well as some going to my wife personal email address) from our sailing club have been bounced by TalkTalk (Tiscali) server. The response is being tagged as TT992. As I am a club officer, this is proving difficult, as I am being cut out of all club business.

I had an identical problem only a month back and it took several days to be resolved. This time, it seems to be "...@gmail.com" sourced comms that are being blocked. Many thanks

NeilM

Neil
0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Chat is available through the above link, @gj312.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hi @gj312 

Good to see that Gmail is arriving. 

Hotmail is certainly being rejected by the spam protection processes. Not necessarily spam from your contact(s) but a reason to block mail from Microsoft for spam protection reasons.  This has been reported.

However, we're not aware of any current issue with VirginMedia email domains. Is this mail from a VirginMedia.com address?

0 Likes

gj312
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 26

How do I access CHAT please advise

0 Likes