cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

missing e-mail account

gwwhill
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Ady

Further to your e-mail (below), I have been trying to access one of my talktalk e-mail accounts, the log-in claims the password is not correct when it is, and has been the same for quite some time.

The e-mail is a historic format xxxxxx@ukgateway.net  (from when Gateway were taken over by Tiscali and in turn by talktalk) but has continued to function in that form until now when the password is  suddenly not being recognized. I used the account as normal on Monday 18th, but the next day when trying to log-in the system did not recognize my password. I tried to change it, but it won’t allow me to do that without putting in the existing which is not being recognized. Correspondence re my bank accounts, utilities,  and several other subscriptions and other clubs/shops are all on this account, so I do need to access asap.

Hi gwwhill,

Ady-TalkTalk (Support Team) posted a new reply in Email on 20-12-2023 02:30 PM :

Re: No emails

Hi gwwhill, please start a new topic so that we can help you. 

Ady

gwwhill
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Greig, the email address you wanted Password Reset Tool updating for is actually not the primary address. I've resubmitted the request this morning this time with the Primary email address.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 6

Ady

thanks for the reply on Tuesday - what's next? Should I expect notice that the password recovery tool is in place or should I be doing something else?

regards

Greig

gwwhill
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

Hi gwwhill, thanks for providing the requeired information. I've put in the request for the password recovery tool to be updated for you. The update should be completed within 24 hours. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi gwwhill, please reply to my personal message.  I'll be able to request the password reset details be updated, but it won't happen until the password reset incident is fixed. 

Ady

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

There are three issues here.

1. Mailbox password changes may not be taking place due to a fault condition
    TalkTalk were awaiting confirmation of a fix by the TalkTalk Mail platform vendor
  2. Your email password may not be compliant with TalkTalk's secure requirements
    The password must be a minimum of 8 characters (I recommend 12 - 15) multicase letters and at least one number and one symbol
  3. But the key issue is you haven't set up any password change options for your ukgateway.net email address
    To start a password change you need to set up Reset details in TalkTalk Mail webmail so there's the options of an alternative email address or a mobile number for you to collect the password change link or code

I'll let TalkTalk Support know that the password change options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the ukgateway.net email address needing password change options setting up

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Private Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address. Also requested will be the alternate email address and mobile number for password recovery Reset details.

Let us know if you need more guidance.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution