cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Missing email from particular address

tigertilney
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Since December 2023, I have not been receiving emails sent to me from a sender from whom I received weekly emails previously.

The sender does not receive an error or bounce message. I use Thunderbird as my email client. I have checked the web version of Talk Talk and the missing email is not showing there either.

I asked the sender to send to another account I have with hotmail and that arrived. So it seems that the problem is with my TalkTalk account.

Please advise.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi tigertilney, it must  be the sending IP we're blocking. I'm showing blocks from one the 2 addresses you gave, but not in the other. I'm waiting to hear more from the email and incident teams.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

To complete your community forum profile details, @tigertilney, go via your avatar/name; settings. 

There's a drop down menu there, from which choose Personal Information. 

Private Notes is towards the end of that section. Remember to SAVE CHANGES!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 7

Mail from iCloud.com addresses was subject to a rejection by the spam protection process. The recipient would have received a bounceback with the error code TT992. I believe that hard block has been relaxed and that's why your contact can now get messages to you.

As mail is once more flowing freely, case closed.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

tigertilney
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

I'm not sure where to find my "Community Profile Personal Information Private Notes"? Please advise. By the way, the address is from an icloud.com address. The sender changed to this address recently. I have just sent her a message to which she has replied and which I have received. Could it be an icloud.com issue?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

HI tigertilney, I've run a scan over the last 7 days on the email address you registered on the community with.  It showed no blocks. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

When TalkTalk blocks inbound mail there is normally a bounceback Mail Delivery Notification advising the sender of non-delivery.

So that TalkTalk Support can run checks please put into your Community Profile Personal Information Private Notes both your receiving email address and the sending email address. Let us know what the email domain is for the originating email. Is this is a weekly newsletter sent via a bulk mail service?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution