email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old pipex email hacked

markob100
Popular Poster
Message 28 of 28

Hi. I am in exactly the same position. I do not use the mailbox any more though it does get pulled into my gmail (though I never send anything from it).

I have added the data in the private notes section of my profile. I would be grateful if you could change the password immediately and schedule the mailbox for deletion as soon as possible.

One of the 'you've been hacked' emails includes a password I do vaguely recognise, though I'm not sure if it's the current one. So perhaps this is a 'real' rather than 'spoof' hack? In case it is, please do change the password as soon as possible. I haven't been able to log in, but I may not be using the right webmail link. I'm not sure what it would be these days - perhaps you could let me know.

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

The mailbox hasn't yet been deleted the password is reset so that'll keep it safe, but it'll still be receiving mail for the time being. I've got no timescales on when these will be disabled. I'll keep working to get it sorted for you though.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 28

Hello - has this mailbox now been disabled and deleted? Thanks. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 28

Hi disgruntled7, please start your own thread and add the following to private notes in your community profile:

Email address affected.

Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Mobile contact number.

Phone number linked to email address

Full postal address email is linked to.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 28

Hi 

I have been having issues with email account recently. 

Log in page for email account is secure but when logged into email account the connection warns it is NOT SECURE.

I have also been recieving phishing emails telling me email account has been hacked six months ago asks for bit coin currency and also show an old password ( which was not in use six months ago) for said email account.

spoke with technical help who said they cannot help.  eehhh.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 28

Yes the password has been reset. I'm just waiting for the mailbox to be disabled. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 28

OK - so the password has been reset?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 28

There's no need to be anxious as with the password reset your mailbox is secure until it's disabled. Under normal circumstances you wouldn't have to wait so long. We're working on ways to speed this up for you and all the other customers. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 28

Any update? Has the mailbox been closed and/or password changed? Really quite anxious about this and bewildered it is taking so long.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

You're welcome. I'm just going to check on progress and I'll post back once I know where we stand on this. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

OK, thanks.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Well I've asked him to wait until he's got confirmation that the account is disabled. He was ready to call you an hour ago, but I want him to be able to confirm that it's all done before he calls.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 28

Thank you. Any idea what sort of time?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

I've asked Ismail to call today, but I've asked him to make sure the mailbox is disabled first. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 28

What do I need to do to get this sorted out today? I can see you're trying hard personally (and I am grateful for that) but don't seem to have the support from whichever team is actually able to sort this out.

I have now lost access to the mailbox entirely. A number of emails appear to have been sent in my name from it. I made TalkTalk aware of this almost a month ago. I have had to chase repeatedly and the windows within which the team says it will call are repeatedly missed (at great inconvenience: I sit ready and waiting at my desk and arrange the rest of the working day around it).

This all appears to be the consequence of data compromised at TalkTalk's end; I've never written my (strong, non-dictionary-word) password down. All I want to do is extricate myself from TalkTalk's systems and have the mailbox deleted.

I will notify the ICO of these repeated failures this evening.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

I'm afraid there's no number you can call in on. I've sent a chaser about this. I can't believe Kelani didn't manage to get to you twice in two days. I'll post back once I know more.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Kelani didn't manage to call me between 3 and 4 yesterday but left me a message saying he'd try again between 3 and 4 today. So I am sitting here hoping that he does. Or is there a number on which I can call in myself?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

It does. I'll ask Kelani to give you a call. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Does between 3 and 4pm work? Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Hi Mark, sorry I missed you yesterday. Is there a good time for the call today?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Thanks - any time between 2 and 4pm this afternoon should be fine.

Thanks again

Mark

0 Likes